FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:45 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

krauster
Unread post  Post subject: Toshiba SD Card WIFI signal strength?  |  Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 am

I am thinking of buying a Toshiba SD Card to do WIFI transfer from an Resmed Airsense 10 to my WIFI router. The router is in another room about 12 feet as the crow flys away, but through two walls, so at least four sheets of sheet rock. Using a WIFI strength sensor on my android phone I see that the signal strength drops from -45db to -60 at that position and distance. It might also be dependent on the angle that the router and the cpap machine are turned but I want to keep the CPAP machine positioned facing me next to the bed.

I've heard the WIFI SD card is pretty weak since it is small so it doesn't have a very good antenna, nor power. Does it seem like it can work at the distance I am describing?

krauster

GoodnightWalter
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Toshiba SD Card WIFI signal strength?  |  Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: 9/14 range

Mine works through 4 walls and about 25 feet.