Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Fisher and Paykel Simplus Masks
FAQ
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

ragnaork42007
Unread post  Post subject: Fisher and Paykel Simplus Masks  |  Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Does anyone else use this mask? I've been ordering my equipment on Amazon, but suddenly I find I can't get the cushions there anymore, and the price has gone up quite a bit on other sites recently. Does anyone know what is up with this?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Fisher and Paykel Simplus Masks  |  Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I have been using the Simplus for about 10 months and I am still on my original cushion. They really don't need to be replaced very often so the price shouldn't matter much. I only wash my cushion about every 2-3 weeks and wipe it nightly with a baby wipe.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... p&_sacat=0

gleamball
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Fisher and Paykel Simplus Masks  |  Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 pm

I'll be trying the Simplus full face mask for the first time tonight. I found the whole thing, with all 3 sizes of cushions, on cpap.com for $109. For daily cleaning of my masks I use Citrus II CPAP wipes. I tear the wipes in half as they are a little pricey and the whole wipe isn't needed for a daily cleaning.

My question is this: The hose disconnect, just below the elbow, appears easy enough to disconnect during the night should one need to use the restroom, but is it designed to be frequently disconnected? For anyone out there that uses this mask, have you disconnected the hose in this manner and noticed that the connection gets weak/broken over time?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Fisher and Paykel Simplus Masks  |  Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:07 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Been using the same hose and mask/connector for over a year now without problems. It gets connected/disconnected at least twice a night.