Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Interesting!!
FAQ
It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

CJC0484
Unread post  Post subject: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed n20
PAP Machine: Trial resmed airsense 10 her apap
Humidifier: Resmed airsense 10 her apap
Pressure Setting: Doctor had 4-20 I changed it to 5-13 on apap

My wife is subscribed to a girl named Nikki Phillippi who is a lifestyle content creator on youtube and she posted a video not too long ago called "Mouth Taping At Night For Deep Sleep!
" https://youtu.be/6n77m8a8m4cwe we watched it and thought it was both weird and interesting. Today I was thinking about it and searched on google and found this article https://breathing.com/pages/nose-breathing it's crazy all of the benefits there are to breathing through your nose and makes me happy that the mask I'm stuck on right now is the Resmed N20 Nasal mask !

Give it a read its interesting ! and if you can breath through your nose ( because I get some people can't due to medical stuff) you should definitely try to make yourself do it. I have been a mouth breather all of my life my wife often tells me to shut my mouth because I'll be watching tv or sitting around with my mouth hanging wide open ! lol Since being diagnosed with severe OSA I have been trying my best to breath through my nose throughout the day and get used to doing so and since getting a apap I asked for a nose mask because full face masks freak me out a bit, I have tried one and it was very uncomfortable to me ( I know I'll have to use one sometimes if I can't breath through my nose ) To my surprise I haven't had any problems with my mouth coming open during the night as I thought I would since I have always slept breathing through my mouth.

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:55 am

are you taping your mouth?

CJC0484
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:43 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed n20
PAP Machine: Trial resmed airsense 10 her apap
Humidifier: Resmed airsense 10 her apap
Pressure Setting: Doctor had 4-20 I changed it to 5-13 on apap

nope I am able to keep my mouth shut during sleep but I know a lot of people have a hard time.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:45 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I have been on cpap for over 9 years...never had a time where I couldn't get my nose open enough to use my nasal pillow mask.
I know another user...22 years on cpap and same as me...never had to use a full face mask because of the nasal congestion.

Now sometimes it's a challenge getting the nose opened up enough when I have a bad upper respiratory infection but usually if I can get it opened a little I can go ahead and use my nasal pillow mask and wake up breathing better in the morning than when I went to bed.

Sleep itself might not be so great when sick but we would have that issue no matter if we used cpap or not.

I went over 6 years without even owning a "just in case" full face mask...and now I have one in the drawer that I most likely will never use.
So if a full face mask sort of freaks you out...I wouldn't worry too much about it...you might not ever really just have to use one unless you just want to.

Mrzocor
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:59 pm

PAP Mask: Pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 autoset.
Humidifier: Aircurve

SkinnyFemale wrote:

you don't tape your mouth shut no matter what.

Kim

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:35 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Mrzocor wrote:
SkinnyFemale wrote:

you don't tape your mouth shut no matter what.

Kim

:lol: :lol: :lol: Second post, and already spewing WRONG.

johnsonraider
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Interesting!!  |  Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:14 am

I have a idea about how to do Breathing exercise