Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - nose breathing, not mouth breathing causing nasal congestion
FAQ
It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:11 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

heartwood
Unread post  Post subject: nose breathing, not mouth breathing causing nasal congestion  |  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Full Face Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: integrated humidifier with heat
Pressure Setting: EPAP 6, Min. PS 5, Max. 15PS ASV Mode

I am never congested until I started sleeping on my side and breathing in and out my nose. When I slept on my back I was mouth breathing and did not have a problem with nasal congestion. My humidity is set at 4 and I am not sure what the heat is set at. When I was sleeping on my back with very high pressure there was moisture in the chin part of my mask so I turned the humidity down and my face felt hot so I also turned the heat down. I use a Ayr saline spray and Ayr gel in my nose at night before going to bed. Should I turn the humidity and heat up or is there something else I should do? I got congested last night and resorted to mouth breathing and in the morning I had the same effects that I had sleeping on my back and mouth breathing. The roof of my mouth got covered with a thick film and my teeth were also covered with a thin film that is hard to brush off. For the few nights I was able to breath in and out my nose it was so good to wake up without those side effects. For dry mouth my dentist suggested Thera Breath instead of Biotene because the PH contained in Biotene may cause cavities in dry mouths.