Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear
FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:20 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

FoxDen69
Unread post  Post subject: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:10 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Eson 2
PAP Machine: Phillips Respironics System One APAP
Humidifier: 2
Pressure Setting: APAP 13-18

Has anyone tried the AirFit N30i? It appears to be Resmed's version of the Dreamwear. I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand experience as to how it stacks up against the Dreamwear. I love the comfort of the Dreamwear, but I can't get it to keep a seal unless I tighten it to the point it's smooshing my nose.

djont57
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 am

PAP Mask: N30i
PAP Machine: Resmed 10 Auto
Humidifier: Resmed
Pressure Setting: 9 - 13

I like the stability of the N30i compared to the Dreamwear. It's just as comfortable & seals better. I have been on the N30i for about 3 months; it's the longest I've used any mask since I've been on CPAP (1 yr)

celestemcc
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:46 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal
PAP Machine: Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Attached to Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 6 - 15

How does the nose piece of the Resmed compare to the Dreamware? I'm looking at pics and a review, but I can't tell what kind of material the Resmed's nosepiece is (it looks rigid). Thanks!

djont57
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:13 am

PAP Mask: N30i
PAP Machine: Resmed 10 Auto
Humidifier: Resmed
Pressure Setting: 9 - 13

There is a rigid piece on the outside of the nasal cushion. It adds to the stability; as long as you don't over-tighten the straps, you won't feel it.

celestemcc
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:56 pm

I currently use the Dreamwear and like it a lot, but the fit is a little inconsistent. Some nights perfect, some nights annoying little leaks. I called my DME today and learned I need an Rx for the ResMed! However my sleep doc sent in the Rx a few hours ago and I'm getting fitted for the ResMed tomorrow (just in time to have insurance pay!).

I'll review/compare it here once I've worn it a while. I assume it'll be an easy transition from the Dreamwear.

celestemcc
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Tried the Airfit for the first time last night: it's a winner, if all nights are as good as last night!

Fundamentally very similar, of course, with subtle, careful differences:
-- the arms of the frame are "flatter"
-- the cushions are soft silicone with two holes instead of one;
-- the cushions have a piece of rigid plastic at the front with holes to vent, rather than a slit.

I used the small frame and small cushions.

I had none of the tiny, irritating links I get with the dreamwear, and could wear it looser. Further, I move a lot, sleeping on both sides, back and stomach, and the mask stayed it place. I did bobby-pin the back of the fabric frame to my hair, which I also do with the Dreamware. But the latter moves in spite of that; the AirFit did not budge.

The vents on the head and the cushion allow a softer escape of air, so I didn't feel the airflow against my pillow.

One small downside is that you can't remove the soft fabric on the "arms", so when you wash the mask that gets wet too, and is slow to dry.

Oh, and of course, it's just as comfortable as the Dreamwear. There was no problem adapting to it, and I slept well.

I may end up using this one as my regular mask, it seems that much better over all!

celestemcc
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:33 pm

After 3 nights with the ResMed Airfit N30i: it's a winner. It's definitely going to be my regular mask. It still doesn't budge, no leaks. I haven't had to change any of my CPAP settings for it either.

I know it's different for everybody, but if you're thinking about it and are due for a new mask anyway, check it out.

FoxDen69
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:11 pm

I have ordered the N30i and it should be here this week. Based on the feedback I'm really excited to try it out. I wanted the dreamwear to work for me but just couldn't get it to keep a seal when I would turn my head or try to sleep on my side.

celestemcc
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm

I've been using this mask 7 nights now: still a great fit. It's a winner (for me). I hope you'll have this experience as well.

FoxDen69
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 am

Well, it's been 2 nights now. The N30i is far superior than the Dreamwear in regards to comfort and fit. I am still having a couple of issues and one is the same problem I had with the Dreamwear. I sleep on my back and when I turn my head to one side or the other, it pushes the cushion just enough to break the seal and cause a leak. The only solution I've found thus far is to tighten the headgear. But that smooshes my nose and becomes uncomfortable pretty quickly. The other problem is that it doesn't seem like I'm getting enough air. Like I have to consciously inhale more deeply and harder. I turned my AFLEX down to 1 and that seemed to help. When I use my Eson 2 mask I don't have either of these problems, but it often leaks and blows into my eye. If anyone has any suggestions for either of these issues with the N30i please let me know. I am eager to make this mask work successfully for me. It's definitely a marvel of engineering and I'm probably just not doing something quite right.

celestemcc
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:29 pm

What size frame did you get? If it's medium you may want to consider small. From what little I've heard smaller is better for this mask.

Also, while I thought the medium nosepiece would fit best, turns out the small is perfect, so experiment if you were given the full kit.

I've noticed with the Airfit that the headgear sits lower on the back of the head, and the hose sits bit further forward than in the Dreamwear. But it seems to allow more movement. This also makes me wonder if your frame is too large. You know best, though.

If you have enough hair, try a pair of bobby pins, one each near where the velcro attaches. I did this with Dreamwear and still do (almost just by habit) with the Airfit. Pinned in those spots you won't feel them no matter what position you sleep in.

Hope this helps a little. Glad you're liking it so far. My every night isn't perfect but still much better than the Dreamwear, and that's saying a lot.

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 am

PAP Mask: dreamwear nasal
PAP Machine: Dream station
Humidifier: Dream station heated W heated hose
Pressure Setting: 10

Tried my n30i last night for the first time. Now this is the first nasal mask I've used for a full night, so nothing to compare it to. Been using Air Touch F20 full face, but had problems sealing between my chin and lower lip. Had to crank on the straps which worked, but woke up with a sore neck from the straps. The humidification has helped my stuffy nose problem, so decided to venture into nasal mask. Fitting the cushion, I'm between sizes, so went with what seemed best. may still play with this some more in nights to come. So my first impressions...
Much less cumbersome, comfortable, but a little irritation from my mustache, but I think this is adjustment issue. I had a good night sleep, no leaks. A little getting used to at first with the air directly into my nose. noise seemed a bit louder due to the proximity of the air coming down the side of my face and right out of the front of the cushion, but I got past that pretty quickly. ( I do wear hearing aids, so at night, noise isn't a big problem except for the damn cat yowling at me for something) I woke with an AHI that was on the low side of what I usually experience in the short 4 or 5 weeks I've been on CPAP. The big difference was that my face and head so much freedom! I'll follow up in a week and see how it's going.

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:29 am

So its a week now that I'm wearing the N30i and here are my thoughts.
Sleeping well, love the freedom. If this mask fits you well it is awesome.
Unfortunately I have a big mellon head and the largest frame they have is standard size so it pulls up on my nose a little too much and the gear slips forward and the strap slips upward. Even though getting good sleep and my AHI numbers have dropped significantly over the airtouch F20 full face (now <1.0 regularly).
I find myself constantly fussing with it at night. I've just ordered a dreamwear to try as it comes in a larger size.
With all this said, If you don't have a huge noggin, this is definetly worth a try.

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AirFit N30i vs Dreamwear  |  Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Update:
Been wearing dreamwear nasal mask last few nights and like it very much.
I might like the N30i as much if not more if it had a large head frame.
Also noticed that the dreamwear is a little bit quieter.