Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Chin Strap no good looking for mouthguard
FAQ
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:46 pm

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

glenncol
Unread post  Post subject: Chin Strap no good looking for mouthguard  |  Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi all

I am relatively new to CPAP, i performed 3 one month trials as i could not find a mask that i could live with, i finally purchased a Resmed S10 Autoset and a Dreamwear Gel Pillow mask which suited the most, i have to use a chinstrap as i cannot keep my gob shut.

The chin strap is extremely annoying in that it will slip off or down during the night and i start breathing through my mouth so I end up with dry mount and a bad CPAP repost. I was watching one of the LankyLefty videos where is was mentioned a double sided boil and bite mouthguard could work, can you please recommend any particular mouthguard?, here in Australia they range from $20 to $250 if if i can get an idea of what style you recommend i should bl able to find something local or get it sent over from the US

Thank you in advance, and thank you for all your effort

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Chin Strap no good looking for mouthguard  |  Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:49 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Something similar to this is what most people start with and then sometimes they get a little fancier but you don't have to spend a lot of money.
This is for the youth size but they make an adult size too.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Mouth ... e/11968966

glenncol
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Chin Strap no good looking for mouthguard  |  Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Something similar to this is what most people start with and then sometimes they get a little fancier but you don't have to spend a lot of money.
This is for the youth size but they make an adult size too.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Mouth ... e/11968966

Hey man thank you very much, I am willing to try anything to get out of wearing that @$%^!*% chinstrap any longer

Also i see you are using the Bleep, I would love to go that a go as well as I have been through mask after mask with nothing but leak issues, but if its around $2US per day here in the land of Oz it will more like double that with US to AUD conversion and shipping so around the $120 per month :(

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Chin Strap no good looking for mouthguard  |  Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:31 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Yeah the cost per night for those ports does suck but maybe with time and if it gains in popularity which translates into demand and sales that cost will come down a bit.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised to find that later down the road someone tries to come up with a way to reuse those ports. I know of some people already planning on trying it when they get their Bleep. It just was released and shipped in the US 4 days ago. I got a chance to be a part of a demo trial so I have been using it since mid December. It checks off all the boxes in my wants and needs for a mask.

So maybe down the road it will be more affordable for you guys down under.

I am looking to hear next week hopefully from some more people who get to try this mask...a few people have already got "it's on its way" notices.