Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?
FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:20 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

sexysethsp
Unread post  Post subject: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 pm

If I set my APAP levels between 14-20 is that too high? I’ve found that my 90% pressure is averaging 16. Does setting the minimum pressure lower cause the 90% pressure to come down naturally? My Ahi is averaging 0.8 unless I lower the minimum setting to 10 and it seems to be 1.5 ahi.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:35 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

What would be the point to lower your pressures...unless...you couldn't sleep at those pressures. The report is telling you that 90% of the time you are at 16 or lower. You are averaging <1 at the current setting.?????

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:08 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

sexysethsp wrote:
If I set my APAP levels between 14-20 is that too high?

Only if you don't need that much pressure.

sexysethsp wrote:
I’ve found that my 90% pressure is averaging 16.

The 90% pressure doesn't mean anything, it's just a number, anybody that tells you different doesn't know what they're talking about.

sexysethsp wrote:
Does setting the minimum pressure lower cause the 90% pressure to come down naturally?

No

sexysethsp wrote:
My Ahi is averaging 0.8 unless I lower the minimum setting to 10 and it seems to be 1.5 ahi.

Because you need more pressure than 10.

sexysethsp
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Yes I am averaging 0.8 ahi with my pressure range of 14-20 cm water pressure. I only ask cause when it reaches 16 cm it tends to make my mask leak a little bit and gets a bit loud which causes periods of discomfort and sleeplessness some nights. If I restart the machine I find I fall asleep faster again at the lower pressure cause it’s easier and less noisy. Going to buy a new machine in a few days so things will change hopefully as my old system one is so noisy I have to wear earplugs.

sexysethsp
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I’m really just trying to find the perfect pressure you know. Not to high to wake me up or cause mouth leaking or my mask to leak and not to low to cause apnea’s. I just wonder if I should set it from like 12-14 unless it won’t be enough or from 14-16. I feel like having it able to go to 20 makes the machine go to higher numbers when I have apnea’s and don’t need it that high really. Does the machine overcompensate or dies it mean I really need it set to 20 just in case?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 pm

sexysethsp wrote:
when it reaches 16 cm it tends to make my mask leak a little bit and gets a bit loud.

Look into mask liners to tame and quieten the leaks.

Padacheek.com makes great reusable ones.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Good range of APAP low minimum and max levels?  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:53 pm

sexysethsp wrote:
I feel like having it able to go to 20 makes the machine go to higher numbers when I have apnea’s and don’t need it that high really. Does the machine overcompensate or dies it mean I really need it set to 20 just in case?

The machine won't raise pressure unless you're not breathing well.

Most all of them raise pressures for the events listed in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c

Unless you have a problem like air swallowing (aerophagia) there's no legitimate reason to lower the max pressure from 20 (25 on a bilevel).