Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - My nose is bad
FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:53 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Mamabearx3
Unread post  Post subject: My nose is bad  |  Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi there. So I have been using the resmed p10 for almost a year and a half. For last five mo tha my nose has been super raw and cracking and peeling really bad and bright red may I add. It’s embarrassing. I use my humidifier, I apply aquaphor during the day and lanolin at night before putting it on. I’m out of ideas. It’s my favorite mask. So now I’ve been using the resmed n10 swift fx nano for her. This one doesn’t bother me except I can’t get it to not hurt the bottom middle
Part of my nose. I wake up and it’s super tender And red. It’s not even super tight but tight enough or it leaks into my eyes. I need help. Thanks

OhboyitsJoy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: My nose is bad  |  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:46 am

PAP Mask: ResMed P10, Swift LX, Bleep DreamPorts
PAP Machine: DreamStation BiPap Pro
Humidifier: W/Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Still trying to decide 18:11

It may be an allergy to the lanolin or aquaphor. I had a allergy nightmare for two years. At the most in opportune times, my eyelids started itching and swelled shut. I stopped all eye makeup and changed all hair and skin products to hypoallergenic. I would be fine and then they would erupt on vacation. Thought it may be a food allergy. Two years later, I got allergy tested. I’m allergic to propylene glycol which is in everything and decyl glycoside which is in everything that is hypoallergenic. Try some coconut oil or Shea butter during the day but not with your mask. Good luck.

TheFlyinDutchman
Unread post  Post subject: Re: My nose is bad  |  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:04 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: Phillips Respironics Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Yep
Pressure Setting: 8-20

Well here's my one weird trick. I use the DreamWear cushion and I sometimes get the irritating redness. The thing that clears it up is ButtPaste. Yep the stuff for babies diaper rash. Just make sure you wipe it off before putting on your mask, and be really careful to wipe it off before leaving the house.

Mamabearx3
Unread post  Post subject: Re: My nose is bad  |  Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 am

Ok thanks everyone I will try those ideas.