Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea
FAQ
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!



Did CPAP stop working to treat your OSA  
Yea 0% 0  0% 
Nah 0% 0  0% 
Total votes : 0

Author Message
Airsensay
Unread post  Post subject: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 am

Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 1:28 am
Posts: 3

Offline
Does anyone have info on emerging central sleep apnea whilst one CPAP therapy? I have recently started CPAP and I am super paranoid that I will develop central or complex sleep apnea. Does CPAP therapy work for ever to treat OSA or is does CPAP stops working for most then they have to progress to BIPAP or other central OA devices????? (Hoping people here have been using CPAP for ever with no issues as it’s working for me atm)


Top
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:22 am
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 pm
Posts: 1115
PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Offline
Been using cpap/apap for 10 years now next week.
No issue with centrals developing at all.
I have a family friend who has been on cpap for ever 25 years...no issues with centrals developing for him either.

And quit worrying about it ....it's easily dealt with if it should happen.

Last stuff I read...maybe 10 to 15% of the people who start cpap with no history of centrals end up with too many centrals from the therapy. Odds are small.


Top
LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:21 am

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 373
Location: WI
PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Offline
Airsensay wrote:
Does anyone have info on emerging central sleep apnea whilst one CPAP therapy? I have recently started CPAP and I am super paranoid that I will develop central or complex sleep apnea. Does CPAP therapy work for ever to treat OSA or is does CPAP stops working for most then they have to progress to BIPAP or other central OA devices????? (Hoping people here have been using CPAP for ever with no issues as it’s working for me atm)


So what's your solution? Stop CPAP therapy and hope you don't develop heart disease. I think you are right about being paranoid. If it's working for you at the moment, there is no reason to suspect CA.


Top
diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 am
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:26 am
Posts: 2363
Location: Dallas(ish)
PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Offline
Airsensay wrote:
Does anyone have info on emerging central sleep apnea whilst one CPAP therapy? I have recently started CPAP and I am super paranoid that I will develop central or complex sleep apnea. Does CPAP therapy work for ever to treat OSA or is does CPAP stops working for most then they have to progress to BIPAP or other central OA devices????? (Hoping people here have been using CPAP for ever with no issues as it’s working for me atm)

Why?? why create worry?

_________________
Sleepyhead Info
How to format your charts


Top
Airsensay
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 1:28 am
Posts: 3

Offline
Pugsy wrote:
Been using cpap/apap for 10 years now next week.
No issue with centrals developing at all.
I have a family friend who has been on cpap for ever 25 years...no issues with centrals developing for him either.

And quit worrying about it ....it's easily dealt with if it should happen.

Last stuff I read...maybe 10 to 15% of the people who start cpap with no history of centrals end up with too many centrals from the therapy. Odds are small.


Thanks for the info, has put me ease.


Top
bige1030
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Posts: 4
PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Built into machine
Pressure Setting: 12-17 EPR 3

Offline
My sleep study was a split night with CPAP titration. The interpreting physician said on my report, "On the higher pressures, obstructive events were controlled but significant central events persisted." The sleep tech was unsure if I would get put on PAP or ASV. I got prescribed APAP with pressure 12-17 EPR 3. At first, it was a bit creepy falling asleep because I would notice myself forgetting to breathe. Over time, though, I noticed in SleepyHead/OSCAR the Clear Airway events were there at first but have been getting better along with all the other events.

FWIW, Dr. Google also reassured me that treatment-emergent central apneas do resolve with CPAP in most cases.


Top
diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 pm
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:26 am
Posts: 2363
Location: Dallas(ish)
PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Offline
bige1030 wrote:
FWIW, Dr. Google also reassured me that treatment-emergent central apneas do resolve with CPAP in most cases.

You listen to that quack?

_________________
Sleepyhead Info
How to format your charts


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Print view

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  


Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
DAJ Glass 2 template created by Dustin Baccetti
id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8">