Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea
FAQ
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Did CPAP stop working to treat your OSA  
Yea 0% 0  0% 
Nah 0% 0  0% 
Total votes : 0

Airsensay
Unread post  Post subject: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 am

Does anyone have info on emerging central sleep apnea whilst one CPAP therapy? I have recently started CPAP and I am super paranoid that I will develop central or complex sleep apnea. Does CPAP therapy work for ever to treat OSA or is does CPAP stops working for most then they have to progress to BIPAP or other central OA devices????? (Hoping people here have been using CPAP for ever with no issues as it’s working for me atm)

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:22 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Been using cpap/apap for 10 years now next week.
No issue with centrals developing at all.
I have a family friend who has been on cpap for ever 25 years...no issues with centrals developing for him either.

And quit worrying about it ....it's easily dealt with if it should happen.

Last stuff I read...maybe 10 to 15% of the people who start cpap with no history of centrals end up with too many centrals from the therapy. Odds are small.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:21 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Airsensay wrote:
Does anyone have info on emerging central sleep apnea whilst one CPAP therapy? I have recently started CPAP and I am super paranoid that I will develop central or complex sleep apnea. Does CPAP therapy work for ever to treat OSA or is does CPAP stops working for most then they have to progress to BIPAP or other central OA devices????? (Hoping people here have been using CPAP for ever with no issues as it’s working for me atm)

So what's your solution? Stop CPAP therapy and hope you don't develop heart disease. I think you are right about being paranoid. If it's working for you at the moment, there is no reason to suspect CA.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Airsensay wrote:

Why?? why create worry?

Airsensay
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Been using cpap/apap for 10 years now next week.
No issue with centrals developing at all.
I have a family friend who has been on cpap for ever 25 years...no issues with centrals developing for him either.

And quit worrying about it ....it's easily dealt with if it should happen.

Last stuff I read...maybe 10 to 15% of the people who start cpap with no history of centrals end up with too many centrals from the therapy. Odds are small.

Thanks for the info, has put me ease.

bige1030
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Built into machine
Pressure Setting: 12-17 EPR 3

My sleep study was a split night with CPAP titration. The interpreting physician said on my report, "On the higher pressures, obstructive events were controlled but significant central events persisted." The sleep tech was unsure if I would get put on PAP or ASV. I got prescribed APAP with pressure 12-17 EPR 3. At first, it was a bit creepy falling asleep because I would notice myself forgetting to breathe. Over time, though, I noticed in SleepyHead/OSCAR the Clear Airway events were there at first but have been getting better along with all the other events.

FWIW, Dr. Google also reassured me that treatment-emergent central apneas do resolve with CPAP in most cases.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Therapy Enduced Central Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

bige1030 wrote:
FWIW, Dr. Google also reassured me that treatment-emergent central apneas do resolve with CPAP in most cases.

You listen to that quack?