Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Air Sense 10 Auto Set feeling tiered on older model
FAQ
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Airsensay
Unread post  Post subject: Air Sense 10 Auto Set feeling tiered on older model  |  Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi, I have been using a new Air sense 10 Auto Set (model no.37457) and it has been working really well!

I decided to buy a second hand older model Air sense 10 Auto Set (model no.37029), have used the old one 3 nights. During this time, from what I can tell, I have had the same / similar sleep results in OSCAR, but for some reason I wake up tiered with a fuzzy head and heavy eye lids. Not at all close to how good I feel waking up after using the new machine.

Does any know what might be happening here, are the older models duds?

- side notes to consider:
1. the Auto climate control on the old model is way less humid and dry's my mouth out, but don't think this could be the reason, as its not that bad.
2. have increased min. and lowered max pressure in the older model, just got advised to do so by this forum. Min pressure in old machine from 6 - 7; Max pressure in old machine reduced from 20-15. Heard the pressure drops over time/use so wanted to make it same actual pressure as the new machine. Also, rarely max out to 15, not sure if this would impact on my sleepiness.
3. All user and clinical settings are the same, tripled checked them on the machine, although OSCAR says I have decreased ramp time in the old machine, even though the setting is in Auto (20 min ramp in new; 45min in old)?

Daily reports old versus new are attached.

Attachments:
Newer model Air sense 10.pdf [1.09 MiB]
Downloaded 2 times
Older model Air sense 10.pdf [1009.14 KiB]
Downloaded 2 times
LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Sense 10 Auto Set feeling tiered on older model  |  Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Why do you think it's older...It's the same model. You can't tell the age from the model number. What are the first 4 digits of the serial number? With different pressure settings on the 2 machines you are comparing apples to lemons.

bige1030
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Sense 10 Auto Set feeling tiered on older model  |  Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Built into machine
Pressure Setting: 12-17 EPR 3

I noticed an interruption in your therapy between about 2:27 and 3:15 in the older model report, but there are no interruptions in the newer model report. In general, is your sleep interrupted on the "older" model but not on the "newer" model?