Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleep Position Trainer / SPT /(Philips) Nightbalance (Lunoa)
FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:44 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

PaulvanderMeer
Unread post  Post subject: Sleep Position Trainer / SPT /(Philips) Nightbalance (Lunoa)  |  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:30 am

PAP Mask: Philips Resperonics Dreamwear under the nose mask
PAP Machine: Philips Resperonics Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Philips Resperonics Dreamstation heated humidifier
Pressure Setting: APAP 5-10

Hello Jason e.a. !

Why can I not find even 1 mention of the latest and most promising, low cost, low impact treament for mild to moderate sleep apnea called a Sleep Position trainer ? :-)

If it is all it claims to be I am seriously considering it as a replacement for my CPAP device. Or alternatively to use an SPT togehter with my CPAP device to further enhance results and thus my quality of life. BUT before I take such a radical decision I would like to read some real users experiences and reviews other than the information made available by the inventor and manufacturer themselves.

As a real fan of Lankylefty27 I am still waiting for the first video that deals with this promising topic. I am actually quite amazed that there is not even 1 mention of the SPT on this forum. Am I not looking in the right places ? What's going on ?!

Please advise
Best regards,
Paul

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Position Trainer / SPT /(Philips) Nightbalance (Lu  |  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:44 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

$500 and requires a prescription to buy and it's unlikely that insurance will foot the bill for it.

Not going to be many takers here so how about you get one and try it and be the first to do a video?

I don't have positional sleep apnea myself and I wouldn't spend 500 bucks anyway.....gonna take some special circumstances to fall in line with someone.....like you....before there's going to be much activity with this new gadget.

Catwoman
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Position Trainer / SPT /(Philips) Nightbalance (Lu  |  Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit f20 and airtouch f20
PAP Machine: Airsense for her
Pressure Setting: 8 cm

1. People don't like having there bed invaded. To me something that limits my movement in bed would irritate me to no end. Others may be of the same opinion.

2. There are cheaper ways to train you self to sleep in a certain position.

3. One of the best things about cpap for me is being able to sleep on my back if needed. I believe Jason in a video has a reference to Star fishing in bed. I am sure other people feel the same way.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Position Trainer / SPT /(Philips) Nightbalance (Lu  |  Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:03 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

I actually do have one of these and just haven't gotten around to using it yet. I'll make a point to use it in the next week for a couple weeks straight.

Success with it is going to be an extremely small group. Like Pugsy mentioned, the cost is going to be prohibitive for many people. My skeptical mind says that a tennis ball will work just as well for practically free....but that's just my hypothesis going into it.

Just to clear up what this product does: It's supposed to keep you off your back by buzzing (on your chest) when you roll to your back. It's not big at all. Most won't even realize that it's there.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Position Trainer / SPT /(Philips) Nightbalance (Lu  |  Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:49 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Just what we need... something ELSE to disturb our sleep...