Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - my bologna has a 1st name...
FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:00 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

hamiltonrrwatch
Unread post  Post subject: my bologna has a 1st name...  |  Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P30i Pillow Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto with HumidAir
Pressure Setting: 12/08

...it's OSCAR (couldn't resist :D ) Downloaded on my Mac before bed last night.

Based on info received after a previous post, http://www.freecpapadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5137, I tweaked some settings before retiring and voilĂ !

Attachment:
My Daily Report.pdf [969.59 KiB]
Downloaded 8 times

I can state feeling very rested upon awakening, and remember having vivid dreams. That said, there's an overwhelming amount of information within this report. Could anyone give me a better understanding of where I'm at, or should be?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: my bologna has a 1st name...  |  Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I don't do downloads.

Post a screenshot of what you want to share and also specific questions about whatever you need help understanding.

hamiltonrrwatch
Unread post  Post subject: Re: my bologna has a 1st name...  |  Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Pugsy wrote:
I don't do downloads.

Post a screenshot of what you want to share and also specific questions about whatever you need help understanding.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 6.49.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 6.49.24 PM.png [ 478.66 KiB | Viewed 578 times ]

Thanks Pugsy, I was mostly concerned about mask leakage.

From what I've researched, my AHI is good.

Your advice on upping IPAP to 20-25 worked; machine is now adjusting pressures.

Based on your experience, is there anything else, to be taken from the data, I should be concerned about?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: my bologna has a 1st name...  |  Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:34 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

11 % of the night in large leak...not horribly horrible but not a real pretty leak line either. I have let much worse slide.

Are those leaks waking you up at all? If not I don't think I would spend a lot of time worrying about them. They are relatively brief when they do happen. ResMed won't give you a Mr Frowny for leak management until you spend at least 30% or more of the night in large leak.

hamiltonrrwatch
Unread post  Post subject: Re: my bologna has a 1st name...  |  Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
11 % of the night in large leak...not horribly horrible but not a real pretty leak line either. I have let much worse slide.

Thank you Pugsy, that's good news. I'm sleeping through the night, dreaming, and was rested this morning. Duration of recorded leaks since beginning therapy with the new machine are decreasing.

Pugsy wrote:
Are those leaks waking you up at all? If not I don't think I would spend a lot of time worrying about them. They are relatively brief when they do happen. ResMed won't give you a Mr Frowny for leak management until you spend at least 30% or more of the night in large leak.

No waking episodes though, as you say, if they're brief, I probably wouldn't remember them.

I'm using a new mask; ResMed AirFit P30i Pillow and may be futzing with it unconsciously. Should have listened to Mr. Lanky; the problem with this mask, hard plastic shell, was documented in his review. I will try an experiment tonight; increasing the humidity level, and applying a thin film of Aloe Vera gel underneath my nose. A tip, BTW, I found on this forum ;)

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: my bologna has a 1st name...  |  Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

N30i has the hard part under the nose. I haven't done a review of the P30i as of yet. Coming in the mail as I type this!!! ;)

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.