Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dreamwisp after one week
FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:05 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Dreamwisp after one week  |  Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:17 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal. Headgear with Arms!
PAP Machine: Dream station
Humidifier: Dream station heated W heated hose
Pressure Setting: 10

Hi all, Hope you all slept well last night!
Posting this to share my experience with this new mask.
I was using the Dreamwear Nasal cushion mask for almost 6 months with great success, but had one major drawback which I've read others having the same problem of the headgear slipping up during the night.
Well to start off I have a big noggin, so I sometimes wake a couple times a night to reposition the headgear back down, and take care of leak caused by it.
It was acceptable though because it was so comfortable and I was having great success (AHI's 0.1-0.8 regularly, I was diagnosed with an AHI of 63!)

I saw the new Dreamwisp and thought I'd give it a try because of the design with the headgear.
As I said my head is pretty darn big, and the dreamwear frame I needed was a large, so I ordered the Dreamwisp with the large attachment on the top.
I played around for a few nights trying to get the cushion size right, I'm on the edge between M and L. (dreamwear I used the M). At first the Med seemed to pinch the bridge of my nose, so tried the Large for 2 nights. Noticed after about 3 nights that I could almost slip my hand under the top of the frame while laying down. Snapped in the medium frame piece and also tried the Medium cushion again.
Something I've figured out with this is that when I lay down the lower strap tends to tighten when head is on pillow. As the instructions tell that the fit should not be tight I played around adjusting so that the cushion held evenly against my face. Even though sitting up i had tiny leaks on the lower part, when I laid down the strap tightened and had a good seal. takes some playing and tweaking. Now after 8 nights, My AHI's are back down to where I was with the dreamwear, but I'm not waking up to pull the strap back down my head anymore!!!
Overall, the dreamwear is much smaller very comfortable and If they could find a way for the strap to go lower on big pumpkins like mine, I'd go back. The dream wisp is my new mask of choice.

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwisp after one week  |  Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, that the dreamwisp is very quiet too, the front vent is pointed more upward than the dreamwear nasal cushion and don't get that noise from the air hitting the pillow (I'm a side sleeper)

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwisp after one week  |  Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Wouldn't you know, Dreamwear has come out with new headgear. (they call it headgear with arms) It works brilliantly! Have ditched the Dreamwisp, but don't have anything bad to say. Dreamwear is just right for me now...