Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Can I use this bipap machine?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:04 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Cpaplvr
Unread post  Post subject: Can I use this bipap machine?  |  Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:24 am

I'm a 31-year CPAP veteran and recently replaced my old delapidated CPAP machine with a new Resmed auto CPAP machine with settings of 10-20. We will be losing our insurance next month so the equipment will have to be returned. A friend wants to gift me with his bipap, which has never been used. It's a Philips Respironics Bipap auto SV Advanced model. Can I use this machine? If so, how can I program it to meet my prescribed settings?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Can I use this bipap machine?  |  Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

It could maybe be dumbed down to suit your needs but if it is the older ASV that I am thinking about I don't know if you can reduce the PS enough to make it work.

We could probably get real close with the settings though.

Go here and figure out which machine model you have and then get the provider manual so you can get into the clinical setup menu area...and then go in and see exactly what settings there are...report back and we can see how close we can get.
The main thing we need to do is set EPAP close to your 10 cm minimum and keep PS as low as possible.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual