Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Oscar Report advice
FAQ
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 1:32 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

kb3hjc
Unread post  Post subject: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Dream Station
Pressure Setting: 7 to 9

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 1.36.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 1.36.02 PM.png [ 188.58 KiB | Viewed 1282 times ]
Hi im 26 days into CPAP my prescribed settings were c mode 6. My first couple nights were great low AHI like less than 2 then just kept going higher like 15 so i changed to auto mode 6 to 9 which helped with %90 around 9 so i changed to 7 to 9 and now seem to be running just bellow ahi of 5 I do feel better still waking up few times threw the night but still feel a little better. I would like to get AHI a little lower should I raise the min a little more or is it good where I'm at.
Attached is screenshot from last night

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense/AirCurve 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

You need to allow the machine to go higher and not limit the maximum to 9....see where it is flat lined at 9 cm for a good section of the night?
It wants to go higher but can't.

Before increasing the minimum maybe allowing the machine to go higher if/when it needs to will be enough to reduce that AHI.
A range of 7 to 9....extremely restrictive range. Unless you have problems with it going higher (like a lot of bloat, gas or aerophagia) there's no reason for such a restrictive maximum. The machine will only go up if it thinks it needs to.

dude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit™ P30i Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear Starter Pack
PAP Machine: DreamStation APAP Machine
Humidifier: fixed/adaptive preheater
Pressure Setting: 5-20cm

Pugsy wrote:
You need to allow the machine to go higher and not limit the maximum to 9....see where it is flat lined at 9 cm for a good section of the night?

Before increasing the minimum maybe allowing the machine to go higher if/when it needs to will be enough to reduce that AHI.
A range of 7 to 9....extremely restrictive range. Unless you have problems with it going higher (like a lot of bloat, gas or aerophagia) there's no reason for such a restrictive maximum. The machine will only go up if it thinks it needs to.

Quote:
A range of 7 to 9....extremely restrictive range

At 5 AHI? I'm at 3 with 8.5 cmH20..... so you still have 2 cmH20. Just bump up your minimum .5 cmH20 at a time like every few day and see what happens... if CA's clear up great, if they increase then another machine is needed, Titration bilevel possibly.

dude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:02 am

According to Robysue...tutorial I would not take OSCAR with PR or Res Med
as being accurate, would you?

"Scoring a real central apnea (as scored on an PSG) does not depend on the patency of the upper airway; hence there is a higher probability that a real CA may be mis-scored as an OA by the Philips Respironics and ResMed CA detection algorithms"

A PSG polysomnograph in a sleep study study, is more like it. And a tiration,if needed,split study with CA issues, like me is needed soon.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:52 am

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

dude wrote:
According to Robysue...tutorial I would not take OSCAR with PR or Res Med
as being accurate, would you?

"Scoring a real central apnea (as scored on an PSG) does not depend on the patency of the upper airway; hence there is a higher probability that a real CA may be mis-scored as an OA by the Philips Respironics and ResMed CA detection algorithms"

A PSG polysomnograph in a sleep study study, is more like it. And a tiration,if needed,split study with CA issues, like me is needed soon.

With only 4 CAs during the night, your post is ridiculous

dude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 am

and not possbly lead to more...? you need to think about what you and the rest of your chronies say... which is BS

such as Palerider...

Central apnea does *NOT* cause 'awakenings and or arousals', (btw, awakenings ARE arousals).

PURE BS

Just as this is pure BS

Quote:

PURE BS.......

Oh yeah I was preached about raising pressure.... which can raise CA'S..... who even knows if they are legitimate CA's to begin with... according to robysue they aren't unless monitored on a PSG.

without proper diagnosis PSG , we don't appreciate your MIS diagnosis.

Listen we know you think you know what you are talking about, but it's best left to health care professionals. Especially CA's. You people are so contradictive its redicuous !

Last edited by dude on Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 am

Hey folks....just a heads up on forum member "dude".
Ignore him....known troublemaker on another forum and looks like he's headed that way here and there's a good chance he will get posting privileges removed from here as well.

He knows nothing about apnea or cpap therapy and seems intent on just causing chaos and snide snarky remarks....and I have the same powers here that I have on the other forum...and I am not afraid to use them.

And dude...quit sending me PMs. I am not talking to you at all. You aren't worth my time and I have you blocked so whatever you are saying...I am not reading.

Clean up your act here or you will lose posting privileges here as well.
Fair warning.
Cut out the crap talk....and that's your only warning.
Respond with crap...you will be banned.

dude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:17 am

You lady are a misguidance and should be ignored COMPLETELY ! Contradictions is all you are.

So I guess Robysue's write up is crap too from YOUR cpaptalk.com right?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 am

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Is that a silent e at the end of your name..dud? Quit sending me messages too..I just delete them.\
Say GoodBye..I think you will be leaving.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar Report advice  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:14 am

LSAT wrote:
Is that a silent e at the end of your name..dud? Quit sending me messages too..I just delete them.\
Say GoodBye..I think you will be leaving.

You are correct in your thinking.
And his new account he created to respond when he realized that he was gone....is also gone....as will be any further new accounts he tries to create.

I would tell him to go bug SS over on the apneaboard but he has probably already worn out his welcome over there. They have much less patience for crap than I do.