Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Bipap user
FAQ
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:23 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Hatfields2008
  Unread post  Post subject: Bipap user  |  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:44 pm

I currently use a bipap, because the I didn't like the cpap constantly blew air in my face, which made me feel like I was smothering, so they switched me to a bipap from a cpap. Unfortunately when I received the machine from Aeroflow they had sent me a Philips Dreammaster with the settings at 5 min and 25 max, and it felt like it was going to explode. So with a little google searching I found how to adjust the settings on the machine.

The problem I have now is im not sure what my min and max need to be, and how high do I need to have the humidifier turned up to in Colorado (where the altitude is already high) maybe someone with a little more knowledge on can help me.

currently I have it set at 5 min and 7.5 min, but when I had the cpap it would ramp up to 10.5-11.5

hopefully someone will be able to reach out to me and let me know what adjustments I need to make to my machine so I can get a good nights sleep.

also I have a full simplex full face mask that covers my nose and my mouth at the same time.

Thank You!

Hatfields2008
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Bipap user  |  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:45 pm

I would even consider switching back to c pap mode to give it another try to get a good nights rest

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Bipap user  |  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I don't recognize the Phillips Dreammaster? There is a Phillips Dream Station Bipap... If your pressures are set as low as you say, I don't know why you thought that a bipap would be better that the CPAP.

Hatfields2008
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Bipap user  |  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 pm

Im sorry it is the Philips Dream Station

can I switch it back to cpap mode?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Bipap user  |  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:31 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

You can switch to fixed cpap mode on the DreamStation BiPap...it's available.

What you need to play with is the Flex settings to help you with inhale and exhale and I know this is going to sound weird but you need to use at least 6 cm to have Flex exhale relief kick in.

So...if you want to use cpap mode....fixed 6 cm with Flex of 2 or 3 (whichever is more comfortable for you)

Or if you want to try bilevel again...it depends on which machine you have...the BiPap Pro or the Auto what I would suggest. I don't know what you have available since I don't know which machine you have.
And I don't know what your settings are. 5 to 25 is a range....it's not a setting. You can't have 5 exhale and 25 inhale. The machine won't do it.
BiPap is bilevel...2 distinct pressures...1 for inhale and 1 for exhale and the difference between them is called pressure support.