Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Mask Seal/leakage
FAQ
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:25 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

rockyptjoe
Unread post  Post subject: Mask Seal/leakage  |  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:27 pm

PAP Mask: Philips Easylife (now discontinued)
PAP Machine: ResMed Autosense 10
Humidifier: built in
Pressure Setting: CPAP 16, APAP 12-18

I've been using the Philips Respironics Easylife mask for over 10 years. It is now discontinued. I have spent several dollars (thanks for he discount code at Cheapcpapsupplies) trying to find a new mask that would work with my high pressure value (CPAP 16). I've found 2 or 3 that work well with my apnea count...but they all seem to have a very high leak rate. With the Easylife, I used to run consistently between 5-10 l/min, even though I roll around a lot during sleep.

The masks I've tried (Dreamwear nasal, Airfit N30i) work well in terms of my apnea count, but the leak rate is more than double what I was experiencing with the Easylife....even though I have no noticeable leak around the mask itself. Is this just a function of the design of the exhalation ports on the 2 mask I'm trying...or maybe I'm leaking from the mouth (mouth breathing)??? I used to use a chin strap with the Easylife, but haven't used any with the Dreamwear or N30i

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Seal/leakage  |  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:48 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Your ResMed machine will compensate for leaks up to 24L/min. If your sleep is not disturbed by the leaks, I would disregard the leak numbers...they are insignificant.