Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What next?
FAQ
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 2:31 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

wnorton
Unread post  Post subject: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What next?  |  Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 am

Good day,

I’ve been using a Phillips Respironics System 1 with humidifier and heated hose. The unit is getting noisy. Last night the heated hose broke. The machine is old enough that I’m questioning rather it’s worth repair.

Question is, do I need to revisit a doctor for script or can I buy a replacement machine without the prescription?

Also, how would the provider of the unit configure my new machine? The. Original machine was done in person. That’s a challenge now because we are traveling the country full time in an RV.

Thanks in advance.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What nex  |  Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:30 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

If you know all your settings, the provider could set the machine up the same as your current machine. You can get the clinical manual for your current machine here.. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

wnorton
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What nex  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Thank you for the url links. Curious, after downloading the manuals will I be allowed access to see the configurations? Or would they be on the SD card?

The other option would be to contact the medical clinic that set it up years ago. 2 insurance companies ago.

Thanks again

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What nex  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:58 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

The Clinical Manual will show you how to get into the settings menu where you can see all your current settings...They will also be on the SD card.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What nex  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:52 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

wnorton wrote:
Question is, do I need to revisit a doctor for script or can I buy a replacement machine without the prescription?

If you're in the United States you need a prescription to legally purchase a machine. There is a wide range of professionals who can write the prescription - sleep doctors, general practice doctors, nurse practitioners, dentists and others.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What nex  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:31 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense/AirCurve 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

How to get into the clinical setup menu area, where the various pressure settings are, is just a matter of a little combination of button pushing at the same time. The secret handshake.... no big deal...explained in the provider/clinical manual that you can get from the link someone already provided and is super easy to do at any time.

wnorton
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Older Respironics System 1 is beginning to die. What nex  |  Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Big thanks to all. You are the best