Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - ResMed F20 Air Touch
FAQ
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 1:48 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Bobbyst
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed F20 Air Touch  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:10 am

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 Air Touch
PAP Machine: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: Static setting 13

I’ve been on CPAP for a little over two years now. Most of the time I was using a Resmed N20 nasal cushion, and posting good results, usually 1-2 AHI. I’m just sick of the chinstrap I need to use, and switched to the FFM. I LOVE the air I feel like I’m getting, and results show 100% mask fit, but my numbers went through the roof! At first 10-15. I switched to a static setting, today I’m up to 13. My numbers are typically under 5, but I’d like to see them better. Anyone else had this happen when going to FFM?

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed F20 Air Touch  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:18 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

In my limited experience, it often helps to increase pressure slightly when going up to a FFM. Something to do with the extra volume of air within the mask itself - I've never bothered to investigate it properly. You also need to change the mask type in your machine settings so the machine allows for the different intentional leak rates.

But that probably doesn't account for your sudden and very significant increase in events. Probably the best thing is to let us see some real data. If you don't already use Oscar then download it, upload your machine data via SD card, then post a daily shot here. The instructions to obtain the software and set up the page to best present the data are shown in my signature.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed F20 Air Touch  |  Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:48 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense/AirCurve 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Need to know EXACTLY which kind of apnea events seemed to have increased with the change to the full face mask.

While we assume obstructive in nature events....I don't like guessing when it comes to pressure changes when there is data to guide those changes.

It is fairly common to need more baseline pressure when changing from a nasal to a full face mask. I have always thought that the main reason was simply the slight change in the airway position in general with the full face mask straps...mainly the lower strap. It tends to pull the jaw back ever so slightly and this can alter the airway size in general and make it smaller and more difficult to get open and stay open.

BUT....it wouldn't be impossible for there to be some breathing instability issues happening because of the different air space in the FFM and thus the need to know for sure what kind of apnea events you are seeing....sometimes more pressure can make some events worse.