Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Covid
FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:56 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Philwebb
Unread post  Post subject: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Covid  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:21 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear full face mask
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation
Humidifier: Dreamstation humidifier option.
Pressure Setting: 6-12 (I think?)

Curious to find out if anyone is considering using a cpap mask f-10 or f20 mask along with a viral filter to use during the Covid 19 pandemic.
I figure if you have to wear something you might as well wear something that seals and also has a viral filter.
Not sure how restrictive this would be to manually breath through so open to wearing a portable cpap machine if they make one small enough.
Ideas?

Philwebb
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Cov  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 pm

I was on my iphone and didn't notice that this was in the incorrect forum,.. sorry,.. trying to figure out how to move it now

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Cov  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Vitera
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Philwebb wrote:
Curious to find out if anyone is considering using a cpap mask f-10 or f20 mask along with a viral filter to use during the Covid 19 pandemic.
I figure if you have to wear something you might as well wear something that seals and also has a viral filter.
Not sure how restrictive this would be to manually breath through so open to wearing a portable cpap machine if they make one small enough.
Ideas?

If the virus is in your home, you are breathing the air all day...It wouldn't matter how many or what kind of filter you used at night.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Cov  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:26 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

My understanding is unless it's an N95 it's not really useful against COVID-19.

Philwebb
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Cov  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:44 pm

LSAT wrote:
Philwebb wrote:
Ideas?

If the virus is in your home, you are breathing the air all day...It wouldn't matter how many or what kind of filter you used at night.

I was looking to use the cpap mask to wear during the day while out and about
I was going to plug in a Viral filter into the hose area. Not actually ties to a Cpap

Philwebb
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Cov  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:46 pm

DeltaBravo3.8 wrote:
My understanding is unless it's an N95 it's not really useful against COVID-19.

Yes thank,. I believe that there are some viral filters made by Hudson that are used normally to go into the hose between the Cpapa and your mask,.. says you could use them to breath both directions and that it was viral meaning, I'm assuming, that it can filter out viruses.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Using cpap mask and viral filter for day wear during Cov  |  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:55 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: 10 Series HumidAir
Pressure Setting: EPAP 8-15 PS 4-12

I do think some ventilator class and possibly some PAP machines may be used with an antibacterial (AB) filter. What level of effectiveness? Above my Disability pay grade so I have no idea. One on a supplier site says 99.9% efficient, that's their info BTW.

I think you're meaning something like this image.