Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Embarrassing question
FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:55 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Mumof5
Unread post  Post subject: Embarrassing question  |  Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:40 am

Hi all, I've recently been diagnosed with server sleep apnea.
It's been a long road to get here. May years on sleeping tablets, and asthma treatment.
To now finally have a answer as to why I am so tired all day,
My question is (if it's ok to ask) for people that have lost there sex drive,
When you start treatment (I've yet to start my treatment) would you say your sex drive returns ? I personally have lost interest in alot of things over the last 10 years (that's how long I've been telling the doctor that's somthing wrong and they put me on sleeping tablets) I have no motivation during the day to do anything bar try and get 40 winks where I can. I've heard people say that CPAP has changed there life so many times but no one has said if there motivation, sex drive ect comes back. And answers would be amazing X thankyou X :D

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Embarrassing question  |  Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:13 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

Hi Mumof5, welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on getting diagnosed and look forward to starting your treatment. All going well you should notice a big improvement in your energy levels and very likely an improved libido. When you're tired and fatigued all the time, the sex drive is often the first thing to go - hopefully it will also be the first to come back.

However I should probably warn you that CPAP isn't a miracle cure - some people experience an immediate amazing recovery, but for most of us it's a journey with two steps forward and one step back. Many people feel an initial rush of energy followed by a relapse, while others just get a steady improvement over time. I'm not saying this to put you off, just so that you have realistic expectations.

Getting the right mask is probably the hardest part - every face is different and there are dozens of different masks on the market. Getting the one that's right for you might take some trial and error. There's a pretty good write-up here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer

You may also find that the initial pressure settings aren't optimum and need to be adjusted. The best way to optimise your settings is to use the free software Oscar. It lets you see what's happening on a breath-by-breath basis all night. You can get Oscar and the instructions via the links in my signature.

Good luck with your treatment, and best wishes.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts