id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Being Judged For Your Sleep Apnea
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:41 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Being Judged For Your Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:06 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

CPAPCyborg wrote:
I've been judged for my sleep apnea by my boyfriend for viewing me unattractive with my mask on. Not long after getting my machine I noticed much less cuddling with him and sometime later he simply gave up on our relationship. The other reason for sleeping completely covered is my overall feeling of shame. :cry:

You should be *glad* you found out what kind of a douchebag the guy was, sooner rather than later.

You're better off without someone around that is that shallow.

Daniel Gagner
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Being Judged For Your Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:57 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear nasal
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation 500
Humidifier: respironics
Pressure Setting: 9=13

Well, Facts about people who are overweight. They know it and don't have to be told. We are often experts on dieting. We often have apnea. Let's face it, being overweight and a thick neck measurement will add to apnea. Many, but not all people, will reduce or even mitigate apnea if a lot of weight is lost.

I am large, muscular, overweight, and have a thick neck. Heck everything about me is thick.

That being said. I work on losing, or at least not gaining any more weight for my moderately higher blood pressure, cholesterol, and apnea. I, like many others, after living with it for years, know that it's an addiction and periodically get into the mindset to work on it. I never really give up.

When someone, friend, or doctor, lets me know that I'm overweight, my first inkling is to say "You think so Sherlock?". But I just say, "yes I know" and leave it at that. Sometimes I add, "But I make up for it in charisma".

So, let it go.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Being Judged For Your Sleep Apnea  |  Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Daniel Gagner wrote:
When someone, friend, or doctor, lets me know that I'm overweight, my first inkling is to say "You think so Sherlock?"..

You could try the shocked approach... glance down and go "HOLY smurf! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN????"