id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - PCP - Cigna
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:49 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

AirMech74
  Unread post  Post subject: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:00 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit N20
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: HumidAir (comes with machine)
Pressure Setting: 14cmH2O

Hey guys and gals. I have been reading a lot on this forum and have learned a lot, so decided to go ahead and register.

I recently saw my Dr and asked to be referred for a sleep study for sleep apnea. I have been snoring for many yrs, loudly according to my wife. I have daytime sleepiness, i occasionally wake up with headaches and there have been times where I wake up gasping for air. So, I had my first appointment recently and met with one of the sleep techs, very nice and informative. She Is 80% sure I have Sleep Apnea. So at this point i'm still waiting to do my actual sleep study. She said it will be up to my PCP to decide if I do the home study or the in-house study. I've been reading about about some of the experiences with DME's. So i'm trying to find out who I will be able to use. Now the place that will conduct my study has a DME there in house. But i've read that may not be a good idea. Anyways, i'm waiting to hear back from Cigna/Carecentrix as far as what DME I can use.

I was wondering if anybody on here as dealt with Cigna? If so, how was it?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Even if someone here had Cigna insurance there is no guarantee that they would have the same exact plan that you do.
Coverage can and will vary between plans even with the same company.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Totally understand what you are saying. I'm just trying to get a feel of what to expect. I've read that some people have had really good experience with their PCP and some had horror stories. I'm hoping Cigna as a whole will be a good experience going into this new thing.

Keto
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:26 pm

PAP Mask: N20
PAP Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: built in
Pressure Setting: 9-18

Hi, I have Cigna and not sure if your plan is the same as mine but I can let you know how mine went.

I had my in home sleep study done just over a month ago, they applied it to my deductible.

I had Aetna and they had 8 DME's I could pick from but now I have Cigna of which there is only 1, Apria.

Apria seems to have a bad rap but 3 weeks later they sent me brand new AirSense 10 AutoSet with a Resmed N 20 mask. I had to sign a rental agreement. What i see in my plan is Cigna lets me rent it first for 90 days and if I am in compliance then they pay for it in full but I may be reading all the legal speak wrong.

I have only been using the machine for 5 days and love it. Other than that I have not received any bills from anybody and the service has be great.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:08 am

Thanks Keto.

I do know that my Cigna plan will cover the equipment at 100%, at least that is what they told me over the phone. I know a coworker of mine just did all this about 6 months ago, and he had to do the in home study...but as stated above, my plan is slightly different as I am a staff member here at my facility, so my plan is supposedly a better plan than the regular employees...i guess the company considers it a perk...lol

Did Cigna seem like they were dragging their feet?...i'm going on 2 weeks since I had my initial appointment and that they requested my sleep study. I'm ready to get this ship moving.

Keto
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:57 am

PAP Mask: N20
PAP Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: built in
Pressure Setting: 9-18

The only issue I had was getting a timely appointment from the sleep center itself. There is only one in my area and the hospital that runs it is garbage. My appointment was set almost 2 months in advance. Once I had the sleep study it went fast from there. I don't feel Cigna had anything to do with it as I have multiple other problems and they take care of things very quickly with those issues.

Sorry its taking you so long but I would give the sleep center a call and see what the problems is. Maybe somebody didn't dot their i's and cross their t's

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:25 pm

I got a hold of Cigna this morning and asked if they could check the status of the request for authorization...it's still pending...so that let's me know that, Yes, it was submitted and it's in Cigna's hands as of now. So it is the waiting game for me.

audihere
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:20 pm

PAP Mask: F10 Full Face
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Heated hose Resmed
Pressure Setting: 10-16

Keto wrote:
I could pick from but now I have Cigna of which there is only 1, Apria...... I had to sign a rental agreement.

That Apria rental agreement is just there to lock you in and make your pocketbook their slave.

Hindsight is 20-20, but had I known I'd even have to go thru a fraction of the trouble that Apria caused me, I would have paid full retail in cash for the machine and all supplies and come out WAYYYY ahead. Apria is a nightmare, don't take it from me, just read a few complaints out of the hundreds on the Better Business Bureau's website.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:02 pm

I think my Cigna plan uses AeroCare, or something like that

dianemarie
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:20 am

PAP Mask: Resmed F20
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10
Humidifier: Resmed
Pressure Setting: 6 - 13

If you have to deal with Carecentrix you have my sympathy. My experience with them has been horrendous.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:57 pm

What happened if you don't mind me asking? I will have to deal with them.

hoserdude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 am

PAP Mask: Philips Dreamwear under nose Nasal mask
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Humidifier: resmed heated
Pressure Setting: Ipap 24 /Epap 12

Carecentrix and Apria (your dme company) are both middle men and crazy frustrating when the bills start to roll in. Carecentrix stands in between you and Apria hired by your insurance company and of course some of the money sticks to them. More then likely you will not financially deal with Apria if you have Carecentrix they will bill you and add to Apria's bill. If you are on a rent to own and are starting now you more then likely will not own your equipment by the end of this year because it's already April. So that means all the payments you make for your machine this year will not go towards owning the machine and you will have to start over in the new calendar year. Assuming you have all of the same players next year which is unlikely. You really should check on how many months before you own. If by some chance the last month goes into the first month of next year...you guessed it you start all over at month one again. Document absolutely everything, keep a record of peoples names, times, dates etc.. If you don't need an expensive machine the advice to buy one online (shop around) is very solid advice!

(*note* you can replace Apria's name with whatever dme company Cigna tells you to choose from and the story will be the same)

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: PCP - Cigna  |  Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:37 pm

well I do know that CareCentrix uses AeroCare, here in Oklahoma City.

I dealt with CareCentrix last year during my wife's pregnancy, they provided a breast pump at no charge...couldn't have been easier. They provided a list of available pumps and she picked one out and they sent it to here after a certain week in her pregnancy. No charge whatsoever. I was hoping it was the same way, I was told by Cigna on the phone that my plan covers CPAPs at 100%...we'll see.

a coworker of mine is on a slightly different plan, my company has different plans between staff and non-staff members. I'm a staff member and one of our "perks" is a lil better plan than the norm. Anyways, he went to Aerocare and got his equipment, said no issues, first 90 days Cigna rented and after compliance it's his....so he was told. Ok, I just talked with him...he was borderline compliant so cigna extended his 90 days for another 90 days.