id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - 1st Night on APAP – big success!
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:26 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Altair
Unread post  Post subject: 1st Night on APAP – big success!  |  Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Mirage FX
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Integrated (HumidAir)
Pressure Setting: APAP 5-10 cmH20

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I just spent my first night on CPAP, so here goes my story.

Following the typical complains of morning headaches, extreme daytime tiredness, difficulty to concentrate on intellectual tasks, load snoring and wife witnessing my apneas while sleeping; I took a sleep test.

The results confirmed a case of moderate OSA (AHI 29), with long apneas and repetitive peak desaturations to 70%.

I got my CPAP equipment yesterday. The technician went through the machine’s settings and he fitted my mask. I wore it for 5 minutes while in his office.

Back home, I wore the mask (without humidifier) for 50 minutes while I was watching my favourite TV show. I quickly got used to it and to how to breath in and breath out.

Before I went to sleep I filled the humidifier, pre-heated it and prepared for the night. The humidifier made a big positive improvement in comfort.

I woke up once in the early hours of the morning, took a pause, and put the mask back on again. I woke up 10 minutes before my usual time.

And for the first time in a long time I felt I had a good rest!!! All the effects of many months of sleep deprivation cannot be undone in just one night, but what a different this last night has made!!!

I have powered through my day with more energy that I can remember. I have started thinking on all the small and big things that I want to do in the near future. Up until to yesterday, my only thoughts about the future were to get to the night and go to sleep, or get to the weekend and take some rest.

Not all has been perfect this last night. The mask creates some discomfort, the pressure and the fit have to be dial down, etc.. The challenges of following the therapy long term are still ahead, but I see that CPAP is going to work for me and I am going to regain my life. I cannot ask for more!

Thanks to Jason for the “TheLankyLefty27” channel and for this forum. Keep it up, you are helping real people with these two!

Thanks to all the users in the forum, I have learnt a lot from you and you have been a source of inspiration in the difficult moments of this journey.

You all have contribute to my (early) positive outcome, thanks!

I will keep you posted on my progress. I hope to return some of what I got from you.

WanderLit
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 1st Night on APAP – big success!  |  Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: AirSense 10 ForHer
Humidifier: built-in
Pressure Setting: 8 cc H2O

That's wonderful! I'm delighted for you. :-)

I absolutely agree about how useful this forum and Jason's videos have been. I'm convinced that more people would have this kind of success if they had the kind of preparation and education we get here.

I'm looking forward to an update in a month or so to hear how you feel and how you've adjusted.

Congrats!

~Eve Ensler

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 1st Night on APAP – big success!  |  Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:03 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, DreamWear FFM
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Realistic expectations and a positive attitude...that's more than half the battle, IMHO. Congrats on the initial success!