id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - One Year In
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:30 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: One Year In  |  Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:08 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, DreamWear FFM
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Today is my one year "papiversary"! Yea me!

I have so much more energy than I had just one year ago, I feel like I have a semblance of a life again. I still need to work on rebuilding some friendships that fell by the wayside. I was never able to do the things my friends wanted to do because I was always so tired, so declined many invitations over the years. My friends are very happy for me that I am being treated for my sleep apnea and that I feel very much improved.

My husband and I spend a lot more time doing things together since I don't need a nap every couple of hours, and I don't need to take an extra day off of work whenever I go anywhere on my second day off.

I don't exactly sleep through the night uninterrupted, but I wake up, usually turn over, and fall right back to sleep...no more getting up 3-4 times a night, every night, to use the bathroom. This is such a relief (get it?) to me, it was killing me getting up all the time. I have never been a morning person, so no surprise I still don't want to get up when my alarm goes off in the morning, but at least when I finally stop hitting snooze and get up, I have the energy I need to make it through the day. Aside from when I was sick, both last year and more recently, I have not taken any naps! I also am able to stay awake later than 8:00pm!!! This however, leads me to the one little problem I've been having...some nights falling asleep takes me hours. After years of falling asleep in my recliner then going to bed and falling asleep practically as soon as my head hit the pillow, I find myself lying there, sounding slightly Vaderish, willing myself to sleep. It's really odd. I try reading, but that doesn't encourage sleep because I really enjoy reading and don't get to do it enough to suit me, so I stay awake to read. As problems go, this is incredibly minor and I'm sure I will resolve this in time.

In this last year I have lost 18-20 pounds (just another 100 to go...yeah right, wishful thinking, that). I am not exercising any more than I ever did, but I think because I try to stay busy, I am not grazing all day on my days off. My stress level is down, so less stress eating.

My numbers are good, but I like to go by how I feel, and I feel like me. It's been many, many years since I have been able to say that, I almost forgot who "me" was.

My thanks to Jason and everyone here on this forum for sharing your knowledge and experiences, as SchoolHouse Rock says, "Knowledge is Power".

Cindy

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: One Year In  |  Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Congratulations.
Time flies when you are having fun...next month for me...9 years now.

Oh...totally understand the not morning person thing. Never was one and never will be one. Cpap can't make me into something I never was...darn.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: One Year In  |  Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:45 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

cindyY wrote:
Today is my one year "papiversary"! Yea me!
Yea you indeed!!! :)

cindyY wrote:
In this last year I have lost 18-20 pounds (just another 100 to go...yeah right, wishful thinking, that). I am not exercising any more than I ever did, but I think because I try to stay busy, I am not grazing all day on my days off. My stress level is down, so less stress eating.
This is fantastic!!!

Very glad to hear that you are getting back to enjoying life. Love these success stories. Thank you so much for being part of this community here. I wish you many more years of sound sleep and a high quality of life.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.