id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dating with CPAP
FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:34 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

cwilborn
Unread post  Post subject: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:49 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I work with a DME company. I'm not here to promote our products or site – instead, we're doing a project that aims to shine a humorous light on some of the struggles of people who use CPAP. I've read through a lot of forum posts and this definitely seems like a topic that people are concerned about.

One of my colleagues is in her 40s and she uses a CPAP machine. She's also divorced, and the device has been an interesting challenge (to say the least) for her when it comes to dating. She likes to share some of the funny stories that she has about trying to explain her device to guys she dates, and we thought that this would be a really fun way to try to dispel some of the embarrassment that some people who use CPAP feel.

Basically, I just want to hear your stories, especially if they're funny or unexpected. We'll take a few of the stories that we get and turn them into a blog post or other article that we can share online. If you'd like your name included, we're happy to, but you are more than welcome to be completely anonymous.

You reply to this thread to share your experiences or, if you aren't comfortable telling your story here, you can DM or email me.

Thanks in advance!

jimbocz
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:28 am

PAP Mask: Philips DreamWear Full Face Amara
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: On Machine
Pressure Setting: Stock

I've got no direct experience as I'm married, but judging from the pictures on the marketing materials, CPAP masks must be chick magnets. Every dude wearing a mask has a woman resting her head on his chest, or gazing lovingly at him while he sleeps.

mbushnoe
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:24 pm

jimbocz wrote:
I've got no direct experience as I'm married, but judging from the pictures on the marketing materials, CPAP masks must be chick magnets. Every dude wearing a mask has a woman resting her head on his chest, or gazing lovingly at him while he sleeps.

:lol:

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:36 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

:lol: x 2

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch N20
PAP Machine: Dream station, Also Z1 Travel Auto CPAP (Primary machine during recall)
Humidifier: Dream station heated W heated hose, humidx HME for my travel machine
Pressure Setting: 11

Maybe we could start a dating site for CPAP users! Then we could use pick up lines like, "hey want to tangle our hoses?"
on the other hand, when I have my mask on, my wife calls me Major Tom...

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:15 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I've never taken a CPAP on a date.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

LSAT wrote:
I've never taken a CPAP on a date.

You should! they never argue about what restaurant to go to, they don't steal your food (my girlfriend isn't hungry menu option, add wings, fries and or cheese sticks to your meal), and many other benefits.

mumin50
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dating with CPAP  |  Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 am

PAP Mask: Resmed N30i
PAP Machine: Resmed A10 AutoSense
Humidifier: standard came with machine
Pressure Setting: 5-12

I would add to it not only dating but being in relation. IMO CPAP is positive in my relation not only my wife bur also whole environment - NO SNORE :). Of course you need to go thru whole awkwardness of whole thing at beginning.
But for couples that fight with snoring that is beyond any doubt best and only (if you don't count pillow on a face and choke this F!@#$r to death) solution.