id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Another Newbie, Day One
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:18 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Guard
Unread post  Post subject: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:24 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Humidifier with heated hose

Just wanted to say thank you first to every ones posts, love the freedom of info.
my info if anyone cares lol ive never posted on a forum before
age 44
6ft tall 240lbs
wife sleeps in seperate room because snoring and breathing or lack of, moving around all night never settle. wear sheets out under my feet, lol
finally decicded to do something about it, scheduled with primary, sent me to sleep doc, been over 2 weeks now and havent heard back to scehdule sleep study. so mean while falling asleep at work, behind the wheel, taking power naps, heart rate is fluttering, heart doc says pvc. premature something another
always foggy. just keeps getting worse. so $380 for sleep study insurance wont pay until deductible met. and potentially full price for machine.
look on craigslist, amazon, anyway, coworker says you can have mine, umm ok
dreamstation with humid and heated tube.the works, 5.5 machine hrs i almost cried which never do, im tough, lol
watched tons of leftys vids and started studing. thank you so much sir and everyone involved for the work you do.
well last night was first night. followed advise and sat around with it on my d\face for awhile before bed,
started at bed time with pressure rang of 4 to 10, didnt want it to run away on me, felt terrible, ccouldnt suck enough air out of hose, changed to 5,6,7
Landed at 7 to 10 with apap. heated hose on with auto humid what ever its called i forget. from 11pm to 2 was in and out of sleep i guess you would call it, said nope, gotta sleep so threw it on the ground, woke up around 5 and decided to try it again since so sleepy and half asleep,was ok
woke up at 730 and examined the data, still learning or studing that part but sevral flags,
just wanted to say thank you for this place. im broke and cant afford co pays sleep studys and cpap machines, im flying solo from the start and this place helps so much. i thinks its gonna help so much, i see great potential. thank you

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 am

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

Keep trying and learning. Download Oscar and post your result here for folks to provide advice.

I did not like mine the first month and would take it off in the night. Now I am in love with the whole thing and could not imagine sleeping without it.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

well, congrats for a first post on a forum.

Next time, use paragraphs, it makes it a lot easier to read :)

Download oscar, post some graphs, we'll help. You absolutely *CAN* DIY.. (but you're not solo, anymore).

Guard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:44 pm

legit or false?

Attachments:
screenshot-20190729-174150.png
screenshot-20190729-174150.png [ 117.7 KiB | Viewed 22393 times ]
Guard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:48 pm

random question,
would sleeping with machine set on cpap pressure 4 for a few nights be the closest thing a poor man could do for my own sleep test?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:14 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Which flagged event were you wondering if legit or false?

Yes, sleeping with the machine set to fixed pressure of 4 cm is about the closet thing a person can do for a DIY sleep study.
Obviously not real accurate because there is therapy value even at 4 cm and some people that's all they need to keep their airway open.
But often people do try it and they get a rude awakening as to just how many events they will have when the pressure is too low.

People just have to understand that when using the machine at 4 cm and if it doesn't flag anything....that doesn't mean no OSA for 100% sure.

Guard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm

the three hypopneas and central apnea, i know nothing is certian in these apps but just curious if any thing is obvious

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

The first hyponea appears to be probably the real deal IMHO if the breathing that we can't see preceding the flag is smooth and rhythmic. Can't really see enough of that flow rate to get a good feel for it.
It is a bit iffy I suppose but when iffy I count it as real to play it safe.

Then the breathing after the first hyponea looks like arousal breathing to me...doesn't look like asleep breathing and the central I don't think is real.
After the central flag....breathing sort of settles down a bit but it's still a bit irregular. Again "iffy" but given it follows the fairly obvious arousal breathing so closely I would lean towards those last 2 hyponeas being arousal related.

Now if the breathing flow rate in front of that first hyponea is ragged and irregular like the breathing after the flag...that first hyponea is probably arousal related. I just need to see more of that flow rate to be sure.

It's not always easy to decide real vs arousal related.
Hyponeas have always been a bit difficult for me to figure out because you don't always get nice clear cut flow rate changes or not with them.

Guard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Another Newbie, Day One  |  Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:10 pm

thank you

Attachments:
screenshot-20190729-220112.png
screenshot-20190729-220112.png [ 116.98 KiB | Viewed 22378 times ]