id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Newbie, Pre-Day One
FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:27 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

DanielJCook105
Unread post  Post subject: Newbie, Pre-Day One  |  Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:12 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwisp Nasal
PAP Machine: Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 4-20

Afternoon all! My name is Daniel, I'm 33, and I'm in Washington, DC. I finally got diagnosed with OSA a couple of weeks ago (34 AHI) and the technicians bring my machine tomorrow. (I'm waiting to update my profile until I know the exact model, but it's a Dreamstation.) I found the youtube channel while doing my research, which is how I found this forum, and I've been going through all the videos. (Thank you!) I've downloaded OSCAR onto my computer and have a SD card (in case it doesn't have one already)... so I think I'm ready to go.

So... I know I should be excited, and I kind of am, but I'm really more nervous than anything. I've been tired ALL THE TIME since I can remember (like almost two decades now) and I've done various tests and doctors have tried different things. I almost didn't get a sleep study now because doctors would ask if I snore, which I don't, so they just automatically said it wasn't sleep apnea. ....but, now that I know and I'm finally about to start therapy, I'm really more nervous about what if it doesn't make me feel better. Like what then? ....and I know it's a ridiculous thing to worry about, but that's all that is running through my mind. But, regardless of anything else, I think that I'm ready to start my therapy and I'm glad to be here and learn more about everything.

WSHenry
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie, Pre-Day One  |  Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:47 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10 or PR Dreamwear
PAP Machine: ResMed AS10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Integrated with Above Machine
Pressure Setting: 6-15 cm H2O

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to this forum!

When you get your machine, make sure it is a DreamStation Auto. Anything else is not full-efficacy. Glad you got a sleep study done, and yes, not all those with obstructive sleep apnea snore.

PAP therapy is the gold standard for treatment. It will almost certainly improve the quality of sleep, but may take some experimentation to determine the best interface device (mask) and possibly machine settings.

Get your machine, use it for a few days and get back to this forum with feedback on how you feel after sleeping on PAP therapy as well as one or two screen shots of your data from OSCAR.

DanielJCook105
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newbie, Pre-Day One  |  Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:17 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwisp Nasal
PAP Machine: Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 4-20

WSHenry,

Thanks for the welcome! I just got it and am going to spend the rest of the day trying to get used to it. (watch some tv and stuff) The DME person was super friendy and helpful. But my pressure setting is 4-20 sooooo I already know that I'm going to need to monitor it and see if those numbers need to be bumped up/down any.