[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern
FAQ
It is currently Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:49 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

kevin123432
Unread post  Post subject: Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern  |  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:01 pm

Hi all, new poster here! I've been on CPAP for a bit more than a year now and while I definitely feel better than I did when I started this journey but I'm still not 100%.
I wanted to see if you all had some insight on my Oscar data to help me out a bit.
I've screen shotted a recent night where you can see some odd breathing patterns.

I can tell that my sleep is fragmented and not as good as it could be but I have no idea what to do to help myself here.
I've tried increasing the pressure and trying different masks but I feel like my sleep ends up worse or about the same quality.

I'm on Resmed 10, Dreamwear Nasal under the nose mask

Thanks everyone!
Cheers! :D

Attachments:
The whole thing.png
The whole thing.png [ 492.58 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]
screenshot-20220607-193923.png
screenshot-20220607-193923.png [ 458.15 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]
screenshot-20220607-193848.png
screenshot-20220607-193848.png [ 460.11 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]
screenshot-20220607-193827.png
screenshot-20220607-193827.png [ 465.16 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]
screenshot-20220607-193757.png
screenshot-20220607-193757.png [ 462.91 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]
Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern  |  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:57 am

PAP Mask:
PAP Machine:
Pressure Setting:

G'day Kevin, welcome to the forum.

It's not unusual to have snatches of irregular breathing during the night, perhaps associated with movement in your sleep. Looking at the snippets you've shown us, some are immediately after an apnea which could explain the instability. Others show a distinct flat-topped flow curve which indicates flow limitations. It might be a good idea to turn off the tidal volume and minute vent traces and turn on flow limitations and snore - that could help us identify the problem.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern  |  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:47 am

PAP Mask:
PAP Machine:

Watch the videos here
http://freecpapadvice.com/sleepyhead-free-software

The irregular breathing is most likely arousal/awake breathing.
You admit to poor sleep quality and probably waking often during the night.
While some awakenings are considered normal (like after the completion of a REM stage sleep cycle) we don't want to have large numbers because that of course means we aren't getting the normal cycling of sleep stages as well as the needed amount of each sleep stage for the restorative powers of sleep to work their magic.

You have included graphs that aren't particularly helpful and omitted the helpful graphs.
Especially helpful would be the Flow Limitation graph and from the statistic numbers on the left side....it appears your FL graph would be fairly active.

Any special reason you are using fixed cpap mode?
Flow limitations could possibly be the cause of fragmented sleep.
Are you experiencing any nasal congestion at all? If not, then perhaps you need more pressure to help reduce the flow limitations.
If in auto adjusting mode and given the room to go killing FLs the machine would increase the pressure in an effort to reduce FLs.
Flow limitations (not nasally related) are one of the early warning signs that the airway is trying to collapse. They can disturb sleep.

For optimal evaluation of the OSCAR reports we first need to see the daily report in this format.
On the left side....like you have shown
but on the right side these graphs to start with and then any snippets you want to include
Events graph
Flow rate graph
Pressure graph (not masked pressure)
Leak rate graph
Flow Limitation graph.
You can get these graphs on one screen shot with a big of resizing and moving of the graphs. So future images need to be in that format.

For now...what does the FL graph look like?

And do you take any medications of any kind? If so, what?
Any other physical or mental health issues going on????

kevin123432
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern  |  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:09 pm

Attachments:
Whole Thing v2.png
Whole Thing v2.png [ 465.23 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]
1.png
1.png [ 458.85 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]
2.png
2.png [ 459.72 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]
3.png
3.png [ 459.19 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]
4.png
4.png [ 463.56 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]
ajack
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern  |  Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:11 am

You may need more pressure and you may be mouth breathing a bit. If you don't want to use APAP, do you have an old chart? It will give a 95% pressure. This is what would be used for fixed pressure. You can build up to this at 1cm every few days.

ajack
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Insight on Weird Breathing Pattern  |  Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:10 am

Or raise it 1cm at a time till all the apnea resolves.