id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Last 30 days have been a problem
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:41 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

erratic
Unread post  Post subject: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:15 pm

PAP Mask: RedMed AirFit F30
PAP Machine: RedMed AirCurve 10 ASV

I've had issues staying asleep through the night, as well as being sleepy during the day. I don't know how to interpret my sleep data whatsoever. I am a bit tech savvy so I do have my Oscar report for the last 30 days. I don't know what any of the numbers or abbreviations means, but I'm working on figuring it out. I was just wondering if anything stood out from my report that I could go about fixing. I appreciate all of the help!

Edit: I see that I cannot upload a .csv file. Would screenshots be acceptable?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-09-25 141522.png
Screenshot 2020-09-25 141522.png [ 50.04 KiB | Viewed 2174 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:25 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

With such fragmented sleep it's no wonder you are sleepy during the day.

Any idea why your sleep quality is so poor? Anything that you can put your finger on causing the wake ups and inability to sleep?

How about sharing a screen shot of the detailed data daily report for a typical night?

Take any medications of any kind? If so, what?

erratic
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks for the response. I have no idea why my sleep is so fragmented. I wake up and I'm WIDE awake. I mean, really awake. I get up and head to the living room and about an hour later I'm super sleepy again. I take Lamotrigine 50mg and Quetiapine 50mg right before bed.

Attachments:
screenshot-20200925-142557.png
screenshot-20200925-142557.png [ 88.15 KiB | Viewed 2171 times ]
DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:43 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

OK you have a Daily posted, but it's not yet showing the right data. I think what we need right now is: Events always on top, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow Limit in this order on one shot. Read my link "chart organization" to gain pointers.

You're on the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. You can run it in ASVAuto and get better therapy more likely than not. Going from ASV to ASV Auto gives you an EPAP range instead of static EPAP. AND it will be much more comfortable. Switch it to Mode ASVAuto and EPAP 6-13 PS 3-15. This is close to ResMed titration settings, we need to see about basically starting over to get you on the right track.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm

Sleep maintenance insomnia....google it and start reading.
AHI 0.0....so I doubt the cause is your sleep apnea but the pressure changes might be making it worse.

Did you have this same problem with your sleep being so fragmented prior to starting on the machine or is this a new problem?

Your meds aren't well known to cause insomnia that I could find. The reason I asked is that some are but they can sure cause drowsiness and the half life for Lamotrigine is quite prolonged...the other one not so much. So between the crappy sleep quality and the medication side effect of drowsiness...not unexpected to get sleepy during the day.

Talk to your doctor about your insomnia issues.

erratic
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Thank you Pugsy. I've been treated for complex apnea for about a year and a half now and I think I've had about 6 months total without any noticeable problems with sleeping. This is a new problem.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Last 30 days have been a problem  |  Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Talk to your doctor please about your sleep quality issues.
I don't think that your machine settings are the issue but do go ahead and post a typical night detailed report showing the graphs DeltaBravo mentioned...maybe something will stand out. The graphs you did share above aren't particularly useful.

Sleep onset insomnia is where we have trouble falling asleep.
Sleep maintenance insomnia is where we have trouble staying asleep and often incorporates sleep onset insomnia when we want to go back to sleep when waking prematurely and can't. Trust me...been there and done that and have the proverbial TShirt. It's not an easy problem to fix but until you do you you aren't going to get good restorative sleep.

Also look into the one medication with a prolonged half life. It probably isn't responsible for all your daytime sleepiness but if probably isn't doing you any favors either. Now I understand that there are probably medical reasons for taking it but maybe if you slept better during the night then the side effects wouldn't be quite so pronounced during the day.

Talk to you doctor about your sleep problems.