id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Analytics
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:08 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

RedhawkRotman
Unread post  Post subject: Analytics  |  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:23 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Pillow
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation Go
Humidifier: Philips Dreamstation Go
Pressure Setting: 4-10

Hi all,

Much gratitude to the community and Lanky Lefty's YouTube videos. I came armed with knowledge into my sleep study and purchase decisions. I'm only just over a month into this but I think I've made good decisions so far thanks to that input.

OSCAR/Sleepyhead has been great to see the real data. I also export it from there and use Tableau (since I teach Tableau at the university level and manage projects with it professionally). The reason I do that is to also look at data from my other sensors (Withings Sleep Mat, SleepOn Go2Sleep HST and app data).

My goal is to ask questions of the data that help me uncover issues or discover addressable patterns. Like for, what day of the week is better or worse? (is there something I'm doing that day that can help improve).

Are there any key formulas or variables that would be helpful looking at together in a way that's not yet present in OSCAR (or that I haven't focused on in the attached)?

PS I seem to have some low SPO2 readings on the Go2Sleep device, granted it's a consumer device not necessarily clinically validated that I know of and that could be error or movement but still seems weird. I seem to be getting ok results with treatment but I'm not any less tired.

Attachments:
File comment: Rough draft of Sleep Analytics
Sleep.pdf [440.41 KiB]
Downloaded 143 times
DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Analytics  |  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:34 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

Welcome to the board.

The DreamStation Go is a small portable PAP that is at best to be used for travel and not as your main therapy machine. The info in the PDF seems to indicate therapy is not going the greatest, but since I'm more used to seeing charts in OSCAR, maybe I am not seeing data as I expected. Maybe regular OSCAR screenshots may be posted to help compare sleep info. These screenshots wouldn't need to be downloaded by us then either.

I am not sure what your pressures are, but there are indications it is either too low or the machine isn't capable of proper treatment that you need.

The one graph seems to indicate 20 or more CA/central apnea and 10-15 for both OA/obstructive apnea and H/hypopnea. If true your therapy is very poor and you need to consider a non-travel machine. With CA this high, it's possible you may need an ASV preferably a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV.

Get and post the sleep study. In the US you are legally permitted to have your copy. We need to see your event type and count.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

RedhawkRotman
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Analytics  |  Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Pillow
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation Go
Humidifier: Philips Dreamstation Go
Pressure Setting: 4-10

Thanks Dave! Appreciate the welcome. I didn't expect so much actual analysis feedback. My intention was more for what I should look for to self-serve but that's super generous of you to review.

I was set to 6-10, ramp 4. Just connected with the doc and updated the settings with Lanky Lefty's video to 7-11, ramp 6.5.

If there are metrics I should shift up to the top for the screenshot that are more helpful lmk.

Much thanks,
Taylor

Attachments:
File comment: Here's the only night I've gotten it really low.
AHIBestYet.PNG
AHIBestYet.PNG [ 77.21 KiB | Viewed 1776 times ]
File comment: Typical night AHI with new setting
TypicalAHI.PNG
TypicalAHI.PNG [ 87.08 KiB | Viewed 1776 times ]
larrytpost
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Analytics  |  Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:46 pm

PAP Mask: Philips Respironics Dreamwear under the nose cushion
PAP Machine: ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV (37043)
Humidifier: Integrated humidifier with heated hose
Pressure Setting: EPAP 6.0 PS 4.0 - 9.0

Nice looking graphs. There is a lot to look at but I think it all goes to explain what your AHI score is. In other words, if you have a high AHI, all the graphs can support the AHI score showing when and where things aren't going so good. The thing that Dave keyed on (and so did I) was the high CA episodes. As Dave mentioned, an ASV machine would probably help in that area. I can speak from experience since I have used various machines for 32 years. My last sleep study showed an AHI of 93.7 which was dropped to 61.9 with a CPAP machine.My current machine is an AirCurve 10 ASV; I rarely see an AHI score greater than one now. Previously with a PR System 1 ASV machine I was in the 3-7 range. The ASV machine took care of the Centrals. Of course, YMMV.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Analytics  |  Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

The detailed reports are incomplete. Missing the data graphs on the left side for one thing.

Not enough centrals shown on the 2 examples above to warrant a concern for ASV at this time based on the 2 examples above. No doctor will get on board.

Would need to look at a lot more detailed reports and rule out awake flagged positive central apneas first on the nights with more centrals.
The total number of centrals is useless without being able to compare it to hours asleep. 20 centrals in 2 hours...cause for alarm. 20 centrals in 8 hours...no cause for alarm.

Watch the videos here.
http://freecpapadvice.com/sleepyhead-free-software