id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Help with graph interpretation please
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Fredd000
Unread post  Post subject: Help with graph interpretation please  |  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:00 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit N30i nasal cradle lately, and also ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Respironics Remstar Pro System One 60 series
Humidifier: Respironics
Pressure Setting: 8 at present

I now have been using my new mask for 1 month.These results are 3 weeks into that. Usually, results show low AHI (from Statistics: for 1 month AHI is 2, whereas with the old mask 4). I have a lot more large leaks now. Percentage of time above leak rate threshold has increased from 4 to 11.

There are a couple of things concerning me now. One is the leaks, another is RERA has increased 0.4 to 0.5 and also Variable Breathing has also increased (you can see one event that lasts for 35 minutes).

Also, I have been feeling sleepy when I wake up, not refreshed, and sometimes have to sleep in the afternoons.

I have been trying out ways of keeping my throat from falling onto my chin when I am asleep. This night I was trying out a soft cervical collar (the second of 3 I bought). I don't think this one holds the chin up very well- there is a large space under the chin.

You can see that the first session is good here. This is on my side, but this is not consistent.

I am trying out different things as you see, but a lot of the time it is like a stab in the dark because I really don't know what I am doing.

What is the most important thing to treat first? Leaks? I find that I can't hear the mask leaks so well, because they are quiet to me - I have some hearing loss, plus I have a large fan above my head. Recording does not work with a microphone on the mask.

Thanks.

Attachments:
screenshot-20201002-125512.png
screenshot-20201002-125512.png [ 91.75 KiB | Viewed 1600 times ]
screenshot-20201002-125059.png
screenshot-20201002-125059.png [ 98.92 KiB | Viewed 1600 times ]
Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help with graph interpretation please  |  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:16 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

G'day Fredd000.

Obviously the AHI is very well controlled, assuming these results are from a typical night. So your ongoing fatigue is not just down to AHI but other sleep quality factors and possibly other health factors. The first thing I ask is: Have you recently had a full medical checkup, including blood tests? When we have apnea we often to see all health issues through that prism, whereas fatigue may be due to thyroid dysfunction, vitamin deficiency etc. It can also be caused by other non-apnea sleep issues, such as uncomfortable bed, bedroom too hot or cold, external noise etc. You may not actually be aware of these but they can sop you getting a sound sleep.

I wouldn't worry too much about the leaks unless they are disturbing your sleep. Apparently the Respironics machines aren't too fazed by them unless the rate goes much higher.

But looking at the zoomed-in chart I can see a lot of flat tops on the flow rate graph. This implies your breathing is restricted somewhat, which can be an issue. Generally I'd suggest to treat this by using "flex" which will promote a greater flow on exhalation. But to get the best benefit from that I'd also suggest going to a variable pressure with your minimum pressure at 8 (current setting) and maximum around 15 with flex set to the maximum (3, I think).

The change in RERA is negligible - not worth worrying about.

Regarding the variable breathing, nobody seems to know what this is, so don't worry about it. She'll be right, mate. :)

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help with graph interpretation please  |  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Respironics machines don't use a static red line threshold for one thing and if they did it wouldn't be where your red line is which looks to be like a ResMed red line threshold.

Can't use ResMed leak numbers to evaluate Respironics reports.

If you don't see a LL Large Leak flag up on the events graph....you didn't have any large leaks so don't worry about leaks unless they disturb sleep.