id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Help With Oscar Report
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:45 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

mmorris9001
Unread post  Post subject: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:23 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch N20
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-12

I recently started CPAP therapy a few months ago and it has not gone well for me. I had a hard time getting adjusted to wearing a mask and by the time I finally started sleeping through the night with my mask my insurance stopped paying for my machine. I have tried multiple masks and I have attempted to adjust my pressures on my own. I feel like once the insurance stopped paying my CPAP provider just abandoned me and my doctor isn't super helpful so I was looking for a little help.

I mostly just needed a little help with what adjustments I should make. I'm honestly not sure if my mask doesn't fit right or if my settings are just off. For anyone wondering I do pull the mask off occasionally but most of the time I wake up with our new baby.

Attachments:
screenshot-20210504-171824.png
screenshot-20210504-171824.png [ 106.77 KiB | Viewed 1516 times ]
screenshot-20210504-171803.png
screenshot-20210504-171803.png [ 113.37 KiB | Viewed 1516 times ]
screenshot-20210504.png
screenshot-20210504.png [ 111.17 KiB | Viewed 1516 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Are you waking often during the night or sleeping soundly for the most part?

The bulk of your AHI is CAs/central apneas and there's not a lot we can do with setting tweaks at this point for central apneas.

If you aren't sleeping well they may be false positive flags and what needs to be fixed is whatever is disrupting the sleep itself.

http://freecpapadvice.com/sleepyhead-free-software

mmorris9001
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:30 pm

When I am sleeping with the CPAP I sometimes feel like it is a light sleep that is disturbed by the mask leaking when I move. When I get the mask right and get in the right position though I feel like I sleep pretty soundly.

I didn't know if maybe mask leaks or mouth leaks were leading to all the CAs or not.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:23 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

I myself wouldn't think any type of CA are from leaks. I'm curious about your sleep study info. What were the details on it? Event type and count? If you're in the US, you are legally permitted by HIPAA to your detailed copy of the test results. Get yours. On insurance, you should call customer service and ask for details on how to request a retry on PAP compliance. Mention the doctor's lack of assistance as part of the failure reasoning.

Mask? I'm not sure which one you're using to help. A lot of PAP users fall into the trap of very tight straps to control leaks which ends up making leaks worse.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

mmorris9001
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 am

My cpap supplier actually gave me a copy of my report so I have attached it.

As far as my mask I have been alternating between the four masks trying to find one that I can sleep with. I have settled on the Airtouch N20 right now. I usually try to just tighten the straps down just enough that when I run a mask fit check I will not have leaks. I do notice that I wake up occasionally with air rushing out of my mouth.

I have also been watching the freecpapadvice youtube channel and when I look at my OSCAR report it looks like most of the CAs I wake up before them. I included a close up of a CA and my report from 5/4/21. I turned on EPR for comfort but I can turn it back off if I need to.

Thank you both for the replies! Any help at all right now is wonderful.

Attachments:
File comment: Report from 5/4/21
screenshot-20210506-101930.png
screenshot-20210506-101930.png [ 110.51 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
File comment: Close up of CA from 5/4/21
screenshot-20210506-101847.png
screenshot-20210506-101847.png [ 104.69 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
Sleep study.pdf [576.35 KiB]
Downloaded 85 times
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:56 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

If the CAs/centrals are more related to arousal/awake breathing then EPR use is unlikely to make or break things but turning off EPR is worth trying to see if it helps with the number of centrals or not.

If you do find you need EPR for comfort and it is needed to help you fall asleep you can set it so it is used only during ramp and then make use of the ramp feature available on your machine so you can use EPR for only part of the night and be able to not use it when ramp isn't on.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help With Oscar Report  |  Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:41 am
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

mmorris9001 wrote:
I mostly just needed a little help with what adjustments I should make. I'm honestly not sure if my mask doesn't fit right or if my settings are just off. For anyone wondering I do pull the mask off occasionally but most of the time I wake up with our new baby.
Congrats on the baby!

Looks like the primary problem is mouth/mask leaking. The central apneas are likely false tags....likely. Don't know unless I look at the details. If you have a full face mask, do something to lock your chin in place to prevent mouth drop. If you have a nasal mask, then start taping your mouth (BSN Cover roll stretch works great...it's what I use).

The pressure likely needs fine tuning, but the primary problem is mouth/mask leaking.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.