id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleep Apnea and Nocturia
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:53 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

ptbarnum
Unread post  Post subject: Sleep Apnea and Nocturia  |  Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 pm

I'm 37 male with history of bruxism and nocturia for about 3 years (waking up several times to pee during middle of night, many of which have very little pee)

I use a nasal pillows mask and did a titration study already - doctor just told me to turn up the pressure to the max. Use AirSense 10 (Resmed). Attached are my OSCAR data, can folks who are experts in this take a look at this and give me suggestions?

Attachments:
2021-06-07 SD Card Import.pdf [1.25 MiB]
Downloaded 71 times
Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Apnea and Nocturia  |  Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:01 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

G'day ptbarnum, welcome to the forum.

First thing is that your Oscar report shows your (presumably) real name and date of birth - are you sure you want that floating around on the internet?

Second, we really need a bit more history to make any sensible suggestions. At present the only thing I can say for sure is that a constant pressure of 20 isn't doing you much good at all. Your sleep is highly fragmented and you're not getting enough hose time to treat you properly.

Let's take things back to the start... You say you had bruxism and nocturia. While these can both be associated with sleep apnea, that's not an exclusive relationship. You must have had some degree of apnea to be prescribed a PAP machine. Are you able to share your original sleep study report with us? The whole thing including tables and charts, not just the front page summary. Make sure you erase any personal ID before uploading.

Having had your initial diagnostic test, you did the titration study - can you also share that with us? It would be very interesting to see how the titration went for them to come up with a recommendation of fixed maximum pressure - it doesn't make a lot of sense. Personally, I think titration tests are really a waste of time and just a good way for docs and clinics to make some more money. With a good auto-titrating machine such as your Autoset, you could start on a fairly wide pressure range on automatic, monitor your progress using Oscar, then gradually reduce the range to something comfortable and efficacious.

Finally, can I suggest you post an Oscar "daily" page so we can see things in more detail. Please follow the link to "organise your charts" in my signature below. The summary you gave us is a useful overview, but it's in the daily chart that we see what's really happening.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts