id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - First Three Days of CPAP
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:03 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

DanielJCook105
Unread post  Post subject: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:18 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwisp Nasal
PAP Machine: Dreamstation APAP
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 4-20

Good Morning! I just got my CPAP machine a couple of days ago and uploaded the data into OSCAR. I'm still trying to learn what everything means in OSCAR and would appreciate y'alls thoughts. My doctor never did a tritation study. Additionally, the large leak rates are where I took my mask off while still asleep. Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
10-23.jpg
10-23.jpg [ 603.64 KiB | Viewed 10114 times ]
10-24.jpg
10-24.jpg [ 610.48 KiB | Viewed 10114 times ]
10-25.jpg
10-25.jpg [ 600.94 KiB | Viewed 10114 times ]
Newbie to CPAP
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 am

Hi I’m a newbie to CPAP and use My air. Can anyone explain the events for hour section

Many thanks

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:26 am

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

I'm no expert (many on here are) but I would raise your pressure. Hopefully others will chime in here.

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:28 am

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

I am surprised you have not mentioned feeling like you are being suffocated with those low pressures.

DanielJCook105
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Newbie to CPAP wrote:
Hi I’m a newbie to CPAP and use My air. Can anyone explain the events for hour section

Many thanks

Hi newbie,

The events per hour section is another name for the Apnea-Hypopnea Index (AHI). The AHI measures sleep apnea severity and is the sum of the number of apneas (pauses in breathing) plus the number of hypopneas (periods of shallow breathing) that occur, on average, each hour.

DanielJCook105
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Shirley wrote:
I am surprised you have not mentioned feeling like you are being suffocated with those low pressures.

I do occasionally feel like I have difficulty getting enough air but not usually. ....I think it might be worse at night because my unconscious mind just feels like it can't get enough air which leads to my taking my mask off every now and then.

Huggie
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:42 am

PAP Mask: Respironics DreamWear Nasal Mask Fit Pack - with Headgear
PAP Machine: Dream Station DSX500T11C
Humidifier: DSXHCP
Pressure Setting: 7-10

I had issues feeling like I wasnt getting enough air on my starting pressure and it would wake me up. After watching the video on how to change your pressure I took mine up one point and it was like night and day. I was at 5 and went to 6 and sat in front of the TV well before bed just getting use to the new pressure.

tom@jungmann.email
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:21 am

PAP Mask: AIRFITMF20 LARGE / New 04-11-21 Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP System
PAP Machine: Respironics DreamStation Auto with Heated Humidifier & Accessories

Jason - - - My first five days
After four days in the wilderness you're recommendation for a fixed and higher pressure has given me some light at the end of a tunnel. AHI 42 Wednesday, 25 Thursday 22 Friday and this morning I sensed the changes with a 5.46 AHI. This evening I will set the CPAP to a fixed pressure of 9. The flex setting helped with exhalation pressure. I would love to complain about how many Jason videos I had to watch to get to this point but right now your one of my hero’s.

Don’t let the hero thing swell your head, my hero’s include Berry Goldwater, William F. Buckley, Jr, Thomas Sowell and my current senator Ted. Count yourself in good company.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: First Three Days of CPAP  |  Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:30 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

Hi and welcome,

I'd consider turning your PAP pressure up a bit. Respironics are infamously slow at increasing pressures to combat events, mostly missing them if your pressures aren't set near where they need to be. A ResMed can get away with lower pressures and still treat well.

Try 6 Min and see if it's better.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization