id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Airsense 10 elite readings query
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:52 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

Strewth! You've gone from excellent results over the weekend to diabolical last night. Your sleep doctor should definitely see these results.

I think this exemplifies what I said a few days ago - central apnea can't be consistently and successfully treated on an ordinary CPAP machine. I think you need to talk to your Dr about an ASV, and look at ways to get it funded. I recently got a Resmed CS Pacewave ASV for just under $4,000 and got the princely sum of $720 back from HBF.

I think we're also seeing a lot of positional obstructive apnea, especially on Monday and Tuesday when you're getting those big clusters of obstructive apnea. This can be caused by your head dropping forward (chin to chest) which put stress on the windpipe and makes it prone to collapse. Increasing pressure will have little effect - you need to keep your neck straight. The following strategies are worth trying:

• If you sleep on two or more pillows, you should remove all except one.
  • Try sleeping on your side.
  • Try an orthopaedic pillow to tilt your head slightly back and keep your neck straight.
  • Invest in a soft cervical collar to support your chin. See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... cal_Collar

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

Didediedide
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:43 pm

PAP Mask: F30 I. Or trying N30 i
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Elite
Pressure Setting: 8.7 Cm

Respirator ,Thanks for taking the time to analyse my charts for me
I’ll have to give someone a rev up , to me my last couple of nights seem to me to be just as bad or maybe worse ,the Cheyne-Stokes breathing seems to be a big concern.
Those ASV machines are awfully dear and I think my time to exchange the Elite for a different machine has expired, due to all the mucking around, but I suppose it’s better than being dead.
I’ll have a crack at posting my last couple of Oscar reports for your interest.
Thanks again for your interest.
Paul

Didediedide
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Respirator, Last 5 nights readings

Attachments:
screenshot-20210625-085554.png
screenshot-20210625-085554.png [ 132.96 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
screenshot-20210625-085737.png
screenshot-20210625-085737.png [ 134.85 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
screenshot-20210625-085756.png
screenshot-20210625-085756.png [ 128.13 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
screenshot-20210625-085949.png
screenshot-20210625-085949.png [ 124.47 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
screenshot-20210625-090502.png
screenshot-20210625-090502.png [ 124.89 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:17 am

Yes, there is definitely a big problem here. If your Elite was prescribed (I assume you didn't just go and buy it off your own bat) then the provider should accept it back as down-payment for an ASV. But it's important you move quickly - get the whip out!

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help

Didediedide
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Respirator, I have finally got an appointment with the sleep doctor , but not until November.
The provider said the Newcastle sleep doctor prefers people to use the Elite and not the Autoset ,if the results are still no good next week I will get the provider to send the sleep doctor my last results and see if I can’t get in sooner.
From what I have read re ASV machines they are not recommended for people who may have heart conditions , I know I have AF but not sure what my ejection fraction is.
Regards Paul
The provider said after looking at my results that the leak on the last few nights may be causing problems, the last two nights results she saw were leaks 36 wed nite and 35 thurs nite

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:29 am

It sounds like you have a very old-school sleep doctor. Once upon a time fixed pressure machines like the Elite were all that were available. We're in the 21st century now! But a lot of doctors still cling to the outmoded idea that you can / should treat apnea with a single fixed pressure. This is rubbish.

The problem with ASV machines and heart disease relates only to congestive heart failure with an ejection fraction lower than 35%. You would be very sick if that was you. What's more that caution stems from a single (but very large) study of very sick people, most of whom were on their last legs anyhow. I haven't been following this lately, but I believe there were other studies being released which overturned those initial results.

Yo do have a problem with leaks, no doubt about that. But - did your provider actually look at detailed charts from Oscar (or similar) or did they just look at the bulk numbers for the whole night? Looking at your charts you can see many occasions when you've had clusters of apnea with only low or negligible leaks. It's necessary to look in detail at what's going on, otherwise it's just guesswork.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help

Didediedide
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 elite readings query  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Respirator , my provider did look at her charts (to me they appeared to be the same or at least similar to OSCAR charts) and on her recommendation the last two nights I swapped back to a nasal cushion mask , n30i , and I tried a chin strap, I won’t worry you without other uploads until I try the setup for another few nights, but to my untrained eye they looked better.The only thing last night at about 4.00 am I felt that I wasn’t getting enough air and I’m sure I was breathing thru my mouth.
Sorry to be a pain in the arse to you , but thank you very much for your time and input
Regards Paul