id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Oscar data interpretation
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:28 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:14 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 8-12, EPR full time 3

My first post on the forum. I am 41 days into using my Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet machine. I'm still trying to figure out pressure.

I was able to work my AHI down to 3 towards the end of the first month. However, I've traveled from Texas to Colorado and the minute I increased altitude my numbers spiked. When I lay on my back they are atrocious.

My Dr. gave very little guidance. I have a meeting with my respiratory contact through brite healthcare -- the company I purchased the machine from in 2 days.

You can see I've tinkered with the pressures, but I'm at a loss as to why my AHI has increased so substantially lately. The CSR's events are also concerning.

I seemed to have things under good control at min pressure 6 max pressure 8 until I traveled to higher elevations. I'm thinking I need to increase my min pressure.

I'm also wondering if I backed my EPR down from 3 to 2 or 1 if that would reduce my CA events.

Any advice or insight into the interpretation of these numbers would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to make suggestions. I'm on a mission. Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
File comment: Terrible numbers
6.24 details.png
6.24 details.png [ 126.08 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]
File comment: 9000 feet elevation
6.19 details.png
6.19 details.png [ 125.29 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]
File comment: Trip started elevation increasing
6.18 details.png
6.18 details.png [ 125.8 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]
File comment: Before traveling to higher elevation
6.11 details.png
6.11 details.png [ 122.38 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]
Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:20 pm

Here are a couple of zoomed in screenshots from 6.19 and 6.24

Again, thank you for any support.

Attachments:
6.24 details zoomed.png
6.24 details zoomed.png [ 122.87 KiB | Viewed 1191 times ]
6.19 details zoomed.png
6.19 details zoomed.png [ 118.24 KiB | Viewed 1191 times ]
Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:24 am

Increased pressure to min 9 max 12, but with evidence of aerophagia reduced min to 8. Had to sleep on side the whole night to get good results.

Attachments:
File comment: Stats w/out personal data (thanks Paul!)
Oscar Statistics.pdf [258.44 KiB]
Downloaded 48 times
File comment: Increased pressure to min 8 max 12 and slept on side
6.25 details.png
6.25 details.png [ 123.41 KiB | Viewed 1170 times ]
Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:36 am

Btw, I tried to reduced EPR from 3 to 2 but it felt like I couldn't exhale my breath fully so I switched it back to 3 at the beginning of the night. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:39 am

Maybe my spike in numbers was completely attributed to laying on my back and had nothing to do with altitude. It just seems like too much of a coincidence because I had good numbers at home while laying on back for portions of the night.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:58 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Your increase in centrals has EVERYTHING to do with altitude and nothing to do with pressures and you can't do anything to reduce the altitude induced centrals until you go back to a lower altitude.

It is very common for some people to have altitude induced centrals when on cpap.

Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Wondering if my amount of centrals points to a bipap machine instead of a cpap machine.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:31 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Bipaps don't automatically deal with centrals.
Now a very special bilevel machine will but it is very pricey and unless you are planning on moving to higher altitudes permanently it isn't needed.
The type of bilevel you need is called an ASV bilevel machine.
You have to be really careful when shopping bilevel machines because there are so many different kinds and they treat different special interests.

The only way to deal with centrals is to have a machine that will actually breathe for you and force a breath. Some bilevel machines are nothing more than regular cpap/apap that will go to higher pressures than 20 cm limit that cpap/apap machines have.

You can google ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV and read up on what is needed for people with both central and obstructive sleep apnea. Very special kind of bilevel.

Again, unless you are planning on moving...doctors or insurance companies won't do anything.

Deadhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Oscar data interpretation  |  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:41 pm

Thank you Pugsy!