id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Advice interpreting Oscar Event Data
FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:56 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

SleepingTight
Unread post  Post subject: Advice interpreting Oscar Event Data  |  Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:42 am

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit N20
PAP Machine: BiPAP Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Hi all, I have been using Oscar for a couple of months to interpret data related to a trial I am doing but I am not sure I am reading things right.

Last night I had 9 events over 8 hours or so -- mostly CA. The night before I had zero CA events and only 1 OA.

I am curious if I can interpret anything from the charts related to whether or not things are treated well or any other observations.

I am also curious about the leak rate - as pressure has been titrated up - leaks have increased. I feel some air sometimes leaking out of the bottom of the mask when I move my head on the pillow and I wake up with mild effects of "wind" in my eyes so I assume it is leaking a bit on the top. I think I have the mask fitting as well as I can but I will try adjusting it again and I'm going to go in and try another mask next week (any recommendations - currently using ResMed AirFit N20).

thanks for any advice.

(I think I followed the advice for posting screenshots, but it is my first time so if I got it wrong please let me know)

Attachments:
#5.PNG
#5.PNG [ 110.32 KiB | Viewed 992 times ]
#4.PNG
#4.PNG [ 267.43 KiB | Viewed 992 times ]
#3.PNG
#3.PNG [ 286.11 KiB | Viewed 992 times ]
#2.PNG
#2.PNG [ 289.23 KiB | Viewed 992 times ]
#1.PNG
#1.PNG [ 266.73 KiB | Viewed 992 times ]
Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice interpreting Oscar Event Data  |  Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:19 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

G'day SleepingTight, welcome to the forum.

If this is a typical night for you, then the result of AHI = 1.11 is extremely good. If you're feeling well rested and refreshed, then there's little else to do.

Your leak rate is entirely below the "red line" of 24 L/min, so your machine can easily compensate. But if it's disturbing your sleep, then you need to do something about it. The air blowing into your eyes can be overcome by using a mask liner - fabric which goes between the silicon and your skin. Have a look for Pad-a-cheek, who make some good liners. A cheap alternative is to take a square of pyjama fabric, fold it so you get a strip ~100mm long x 25mm wide and 3 or 4 layers thick. Drape this over your nose before donning your mask - it should form a nice protective seal and prevent those leaks. Otherwise, try adjusting the headgear to give a firm (but not tight) fit.

One final point - why do you have a VAuto machine? Do you have other health issues besides apnea? There is the slightest hint of "periodic breathing" which could possibly be associated with a heart condition. Look at the flow rate just after the apneas at 01:40 - see that waxing and waning pattern? If the machine flags these as periodic breathing and you get central apneas after every wax/wane cycle then it would be worth discussing with your doctor. Just something to be aware of, but don't be alarmed by it.

Just summing up - your apnea is very well treated. There are some steps you can take to avoid the leaks waking you, and a minor heads up to keep an eye on the periodic breathing.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

SleepingTight
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice interpreting Oscar Event Data  |  Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:34 am

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit N20
PAP Machine: BiPAP Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Thanks for the reply Respirator - I was curious about interpreting the data.

This hasn't been a typical night, but it is becoming one. I've only been on the bibap for about two weeks, before then it was cpap for about 6 weeks with increasing pressure. As pressure was increased the events went down consistently and it has been under 4 the last two nights. When I've done an Oxygen study overnight it showed an adjusted event count of just over 5 which is why we're increasing pressure.

I was told the BiPAP was recommended because I was having trouble tolerating the higher pressure and it would be easier and more comfortable on the BiPAP - and it is.

I am still have some issues swallowing air and some pressure in m ears but it is more comfortable than the CPAP.

Thanks for the advice and questions.