|Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board
|Need help with interpreting OSCAR data
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Zombied [ Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:22 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Need help with interpreting OSCAR data|
Hi everyone, I just joined here to get help related to UARS diagnosis/treatment. I would be grateful if anyone can help me by sharing their knowledge and experience on the issue. To keep the post short, I will quickly summarize my history, but please let me know if you need any more info.
• I am currently suspecting upper airways resistance syndrome.
• I had polysomnography (PSG) done three years ago, but it came back negative
• In the meantime, I bought a CPAP machine myself and I have been using it despite the negative polysomnography results, since using CPAP greatly helped my daytime fatigue and quality of sleep which were the issues that prompted me to get the PSG.
• From time to time my fatigue and quality of sleep would get worse and I would need to increase my CPAP pressure to resolve the symptoms for another few months. Now I am on 10.4 cmH20 and beyond this, I start getting aerophagia
• For ~1.5 years my fatigue has been getting progressively worse.
• I am currently suspecting upper airways resistance syndrome UARS and I had a WatchPat One test done and the results point in the direction of UARS but also the recording stopped when my sleep and breathing were getting worse during the test, so I suspect that the values are much worse. I am planning to do the test again.
• In the meantime, I bought a second-hand BiPAP (Aircurve 10 VAUTO) to see if that helps but so far, I haven’t had much luck.
• I would be grateful if looking at the OCSAR data anyone can share what sort of disordered breathing can be seen and what settings to change to hopefully improve.
Also, I often see such a breathing pattern in my data, which I am guessing is irregular. It seems like my expirations are long and with some weird fluctuations.
Similarly, another weird breathing pattern I often notice looks like follows:
This sort of breathing pattern also coincides with the time in my sleep when I am having most trouble with breathing and arousals.
|Author:||Pugsy [ Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:06 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Need help with interpreting OSCAR data|
The item you circled in red...most likely cardioballistic artifact.
The machine is detecting your heart beat and it gets recorded as a sort of inspiration or breath when it really isn't. No big deal and doesn't mean anything.
Your second image...arousal breathing but we have no way to know what caused the arousal. Could be airway related....could be change in sleeping position related...could be anything related.
Do you take any medications of any kind? If so, what?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group