id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Help needed to improve my therapy
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Banksiagirl
Unread post  Post subject: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:28 am

PAP Mask: N30i
PAP Machine: Resemed Airsense 10 Auto set
Pressure Setting: 6.4-11.4

Looking for some help with my therapy - last night I had a bad night - I woke up heaps of times but I was surprised to see how bad the AHI were -7.4
I had 3 sessions - 5 hours - AHI 10! the next 2.5 hours AHI 3.1.
I was too hot, my husband had a fever. I took the mask off in the morning intending to get up but fell asleep - not for long as I was woken up with obstructive events so I put the mask on - Nil events in the last 17 minute session.

The night before I had 2.8 events after a run of higher than usual scores. Felt great that morning and like death this morning.
Leaks - are they mouth leaks? I have a N30i mask - small frame and small nose cradle - I've lost a little weight lately and its not fitting so well and have to fiddle all night to settle it into a spot where its not shooting cold air up my face.
I have been gradually raising the lower pressure from 6.8 to 7.2 to 7.6

Attachments:
File comment: 5 hours AHI 10
21-07-15-5 hrs.png
21-07-15-5 hrs.png [ 170.38 KiB | Viewed 958 times ]
21-07-12.png
21-07-12.png [ 174.08 KiB | Viewed 960 times ]
21-07-13.png
21-07-13.png [ 170.09 KiB | Viewed 960 times ]
21-07-14.png
21-07-14.png [ 165.16 KiB | Viewed 960 times ]
21-07-15.png
21-07-15.png [ 233.96 KiB | Viewed 960 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:19 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

http://freecpapadvice.com/sleepyhead-free-software

I suspect a lot of false positive flagging from awake breathing irregularities.
If you aren't asleep they don't count other than the arousals point to poor sleep quality issues.

Look at the videos at the above link as they will help you learn to spot arousal/awake breathing flagged events from real asleep flagged events.

Sometimes we just have crappy night's sleep....and then we feel crappy.

Banksiagirl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:58 am

Well I think you're right there Pugsy, that was a crappy nights sleep all round. Last night was much better but there were plenty of leaks. I looked at the videos again, they helped - by the looks some of the OA's and CA's were when I was waking up or awake. I sleep a lot with my face pushed into the pillow - a bad habit I guess Last night was pretty leaky although it didn't bother me at the time. Do you think i should raise my pressures or make any other changes? Going to bed earlier might be a start lol.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments:
21-07-16.png
21-07-16.png [ 126.67 KiB | Viewed 922 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:21 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

If that were my report and that little bit of large leak didn't wake me up I would shrug my shoulders and move on.

Roughly half your flagged events are central apneas/CAs and increasing the pressure won't help those no matter if awake or asleep.

I have nights where my sleep quality is just crap. I feel like crap the next day and it has nothing at all to do with my sleep apnea therapy.
Heck I have had crappy nights and the AHI be less than 1.0 but I still feel like total dog poo. I would feel like crap even without having OSA.

I see no reason to go making major changes but if you want to try just a little bit more minimum pressure to see what happens it won't hurt anything to at least try it. Always give a new setting at least a week to give the body time to adjust before doing anything else....unless the change gives disastrous results then of course abort the experiment early.
No urgent need to change anything though.

Banksiagirl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:34 pm

The centrals mainly occur on a bad night. The nights with low leaks have very few or no centrals and after looking at the videos I think I’m actually awake a lot of that time.

The leaks do wake me up many times through the night, I’ve had maybe 3 nights in 6 months where I’ve slept most of the night and have no pain waking me.

Last night I had a score of 2.7, woke up probably 10 times with cold air escaping.
Must have had my mouth open at times - I woke up at 6am with a dry right eye, very dry throat and mouth, all right side. Not had that before - I tried a headband as a chin strap - worked to some degree.

There’s so much air coming out of the vents I have to wear long sleeve pjs to not be disturbed quite as much. My husband often gets a dry right eye - He recently had a subconjuctional haemorrhage in the eye nearest me. Dr said could have been my air blowing weakening the blood vessels. (He’sOK now)

With the vent air flow and the mask leaks I rarely get a decent nights sleep. Is it normal to have a gale blowing thru the mouth vent on a n30I? I also need a bigger nose to fill the cushion better !!!!

That’s great advice about waiting a week to get my body used to any changes.
Thank you and I hope you got a decent sleep last night!

Giovanni20
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 am

Bad nights.Waking up several times is tiring.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help needed to improve my therapy  |  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:33 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

Hi Giovanni, welcome to the forum.

If you need assistance, please start your own thread, rather than tacking on to somebody else's. And when you do, please give us as much detail as you can so we can help you work out what's going on.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts