id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleep Study and Follow Up
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:21 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

larsdad
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Study and Follow Up  |  Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:32 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Dream Station 2 with Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 8-15

Respirator99,
I wont know about the insurance issue until Sleepy Dr puts in a prescription for the upgrade. Then it will go through the usual machinations and come out the other end approved or not.
At last check up with cardiologists no sign of heart failure so I should be good to go.
I may start checking the market to see what the costs are for an ASV machine, new or used. Thanks for responding

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Study and Follow Up  |  Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:01 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

I see on the other forum you have found Palerider. He is the person I referenced above that would likely be having ASV for sale.
I have serious doubts and really agree with Respirator99 that you would ever get in a situation with this current machine you have that you would ever see enough of a reduction in centrals to be happy with results.
Only reason I even offered long shot options was because of the very remote possibility of success. I know I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that success though.

Palerider can help you set up and use the ASV if you buy from him.
Very experienced and knows what he is talking about.

larsdad
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleep Study and Follow Up  |  Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:22 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Dream Station 2 with Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 8-15

Pugsy,
I have found over the years of dealing with any health issues and doctors, you need to be pro active in investigating/researching and taking the lead on getting things done. Overall they don't have the time to dot all the i's or cross the t's for our treatment. Lots of bureaucratic red tape goes along with it. When I talk with Sleepy Dr, I'll know for sure what I will have to do.
Thanks for tip on Palerider.