id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Does this report show anything?
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:23 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

sorreljorn
Unread post  Post subject: Does this report show anything?  |  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:10 pm

This is the longest time I've been able to keep on my mask (f30i). Usually I feel like I'm air hungry or gasping for breath when I try to sleep, and every time I would unconsciously take it off after 2 hours. It would show AHI of like 20-30 and leakage rate of 60%. This is the best result I was able to get so far, after I raised the lower pressure to 11.5. That way it slightly improves the feeling of being air hungry. Does this show anything valuable or do I need to keep trialing?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this report show anything?  |  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:34 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

It shows you still have a problem with leaks.
Just like you were told here in your other thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6492
Are those leaks waking you up?

sorreljorn
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this report show anything?  |  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:51 am

Pugsy wrote:
It shows you still have a problem with leaks.
Just like you were told here in your other thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6492
Are those leaks waking you up?

Unfortunately I have no recollection of these events, I think maybe it's just the mask coming undone.

Sorry about the double threads, I'm just not sure how to troubleshoot this further, I've read all the materials :( the only thing I can think of is the mask itself is not a good fit but no one else seems to have these problems with them.

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this report show anything?  |  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:17 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

Quote:
the only thing I can think of is the mask itself is not a good fit but no one else seems to have these problems with them.

En contraire, leakage problems are very common - getting the right mask is one of the hardest things about this type of therapy. Just think about it - every face is different: wide, narrow; high cheekbones or not; long nose, short nose, wide nose, narrow nose; square jaw, narrow jaw... the list goes on. Added to that, the fact some people have a deviated septum, sinus issues, congestion... When you take all this into account, there is no "best" mask for everybody. Only what's right for you, now. If you can't get a consistently good seal with your mask, it's time to try something different. Maybe a more traditional full face mask like the F20 or F&P Simplus might be better for you. Or a minimalist nasal pillows type like the P10. You need to try several different masks to find the one that is right for you. And be prepared for the fact that even your best right mask might not feel that way after a few months or years and the search will be on again.

Finding the right mask can be frustrating and expensive. You need to develop a good relationship with your supplier so that unsuitable masks can be returned or exchanged. You might also need to look at accessories like a chin strap or soft collar to help keep your mouth closed. Also consider a CPAP pillow, specially shaped so that you can lie on your side without dislodging the mask. And finally a mask liner - fabric that sits on your skin to prevent direct contact with the silicon of the mask - try Pad-a-cheek.

You might get some ideas here: https://www.respshop.com/knowledge/cpap ... a-776.html

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

sorreljorn
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this report show anything?  |  Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:34 am

Respirator99 wrote:
Quote:
the only thing I can think of is the mask itself is not a good fit but no one else seems to have these problems with them.

En contraire, leakage problems are very common - getting the right mask is one of the hardest things about this type of therapy. Just think about it - every face is different: wide, narrow; high cheekbones or not; long nose, short nose, wide nose, narrow nose; square jaw, narrow jaw... the list goes on. Added to that, the fact some people have a deviated septum, sinus issues, congestion... When you take all this into account, there is no "best" mask for everybody. Only what's right for you, now. If you can't get a consistently good seal with your mask, it's time to try something different. Maybe a more traditional full face mask like the F20 or F&P Simplus might be better for you. Or a minimalist nasal pillows type like the P10. You need to try several different masks to find the one that is right for you. And be prepared for the fact that even your best right mask might not feel that way after a few months or years and the search will be on again.

Finding the right mask can be frustrating and expensive. You need to develop a good relationship with your supplier so that unsuitable masks can be returned or exchanged. You might also need to look at accessories like a chin strap or soft collar to help keep your mouth closed. Also consider a CPAP pillow, specially shaped so that you can lie on your side without dislodging the mask. And finally a mask liner - fabric that sits on your skin to prevent direct contact with the silicon of the mask - try Pad-a-cheek.

You might get some ideas here: https://www.respshop.com/knowledge/cpap ... a-776.html

Point well taken! I'm lucky that I get my stuff directly from Resmed, so they offered a f20 replacement which should be here soon. I'll also likely get a CPAP pillow, currently I'm using a duck down medium pillow so I assumed it would be soft enough. I'm someone that could never really breathe through my nose for long, I have some kind of permanent blockage so I'm almost exclusively a mouth breather. Do you know if it's common for people like myself to thrive better on 10+ lower end pressure? I just can't seem to get enough oxygen, or at least feel like I'm starving for air when it's lower. Is it okay to start off on a relatively high pressure?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this report show anything?  |  Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:13 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

I know of a few people who simply state that they just feel better with a higher starting pressure than they maybe technically need.
As long as the higher pressure doesn't cause a problem...doesn't hurt to use it. Most common problem...aerophagia or air in the gut which can hurt a lot. Less common problem with higher pressures is the triggering of central apneas.
I doubt that this is what is happening with you because if it were I would expect to see a lot more central apneas than we see.

Now myself...I am quite comfortable with a minimum of 7 cm and 3 EPR...and there are a lot of people like me.

So while there are more people like me....there are a few others like you who say they need higher pressures just from a comfort aspect with air movement and stifling feelings. You aren't totally alone.