id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:11 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

CPAPCyborg
Unread post  Post subject: Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 am

PAP Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus Full Face Mask Small
PAP Machine: Phillips Respironics System One APAP with A-Flex
Humidifier: PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
Pressure Setting: 10 to 20 cmH20

I too love being snuggled under the covers, especially in the winter. But I made a terrible mistake eating gaseous food for dinner one night. I thought I could avoid any errant farts by simply remaining under the covers but ended up turning over during my sleep. Somehow it escaped and headed straight towards my machine intake. Wooshed up my hose and desperately yanked my mask off in a quickness. Talk about a rude awakening! :shock:

Attachments:
4f0b480918613326550030a9.png
4f0b480918613326550030a9.png [ 300.12 KiB | Viewed 4235 times ]
MikeBear
Unread post  Post subject: Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: Apap mode Min 10.0 CmH20, Max 13 CmH20 EPR = 2 at present

diamaunt wrote:
:D just throw the covers over your head and block out some noise, and light, and be snug... yup!

just don't let the dog fart by your machine.

I've got a HORRIBLE story to go with that. :shock: :lol: (I can laugh NOW)

In 2010, I had back surgery. I was told to bring my cpap to the hospital with me in case I'd be admitted instead of outpatient after the surgery. Well, after the surgery I WAS admitted for a two night stay in the hospital. They placed me in a non private room, which I shared with a much older man that had diabetes and was bad off. Sometime in the night around 2:30am or so, he crapped his bed so bad, the entire room smelled like the worst smelling outhouse you have ever smelled! I woke up with that stink being pumped directly in my lungs by my cpap machine. The nurses finally came in to clean him and change his bed.

The whole room was absolutely RANK for a couple hours. I had no choice but to continue to breath that in until it finally cleared, as I couldn't walk or even get out of bed because of the surgery...

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: One Tremendous Advantage Of Being On A CPAP  |  Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

WanderLit wrote:
BillyHW wrote:
I just realized one tremendous advantage of being on a CPAP. I can finally sleep underneath the covers without worrying about suffocation! I've been dreaming of being able to do this all my life.

It's like a snorkel for your covers.

:P

Hey! I think you're really on to something here. All I need is a nasal mask with a reading light (think Rudolph) and it could be like reading under the covers with a flashlight all over again!

Better have a machine first :lol: