id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - New member with a few questions
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:55 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

murphy3
Unread post  Post subject: New member with a few questions  |  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 am

I was recently diagnosed with OSA with a 42.2 API. I just started using a CPAP machine and have a few questions. I have been using my machine now for 12 nights. I have a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with a Phillips Dreamwear mask. I use and study the data collected from the MyAir app. I have recently started using OSCAR to try to better understand my sleep. I went into this with a very positive attitude, and have had no issues with getting accustomed to sleeping with the machine. As weird as it may sound, I look forward to going to sleep. I hardly even notice the mask or pressures. My questions are 1. Is there a good app out there to log notes from my night of sleep? and 2. My only issue with the mask is I have a sore spot right where my nose and upper lip meet. Any tips on why or how to prevent it? I started with a small pillow and two nights ago i switched to a medium.

I would also like to say thanks to Jason, aka lankylefty27, for all of the great information, and for presenting it in an entertaining way.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New member with a few questions  |  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:30 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

There is a place for notes in OSCAR. Look just above the statistics on the left for a little tab that says "notes".

I don't know of any app that could be used for notes but I supposed any reminder sort of app would work.

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New member with a few questions  |  Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:06 am

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

Try lanolin cream on your nose. This cream is used by breast feeding mothers. Ask for it at the pharmacy. Works like a charm