id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dreamstation to ResMed
FAQ
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:26 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

NapByNap
Unread post  Post subject: Dreamstation to ResMed  |  Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:20 am

PAP Machine: ResMed Air Sense 10
Humidifier: Heated: Humidifier and Hose
Pressure Setting: 9.0 - 11.0cmH₂O

Hoping someone can help. I was finally sleeping pretty well with my Dreamstation and feeling relatively well rested most of the time. I switched to the Air Sense 10 after the recall and I'm a little over 2 weeks in and I'm feeling tired more days than not, and this is the only change I've made. My sleep is a constant struggle. I don't want to go back on stimulants though.

AirSense 10 is more comfortable and seems more high-tech than the Dreamstation ever did, so that's a big plus. I'm still using a nasal mask and I use the machine all night.

I notice the pressure in the ResMed doesn't seem nearly as strong, even at 9cm, compared to Philips. Is there any documentation about that, or is it just my subjective opinion? The Dreamstation seemed to also be matching my breathing as the pressure let up when I exhaled a bit (like an expiratory pressure relief on AirSense). I don't use the expiratory pressure though, or any ramp.

From what I notice time at pressure curve seems to match my description and maybe I should move to 9.5-12cm pressure (other days on the ResMed looks closer to 9.5 than 10)? I'm not sure what's going on with the leaks since it's the same mask, but many of the other days show leaks at 0%, so the data in my screenshot looks like an outlier.

Would appreciate any advice to improve my therapy. I like the new machine much more than Dreamstation, but it's not been and effective so far.

Attachments:
File comment: Dreamstation vs ResMed
DSvsResMed.png
DSvsResMed.png [ 417.99 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]
Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation to ResMed  |  Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:16 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

G'day NapByNap.

Both machines are treating the apnea well, with the Resmed being slightly better on this small sample. The Resmed does respond faster to events and precursors, so perhaps the rapid swings in pressure are disturbing your sleep. To overcome this, I don't see any harm in increasing minimum pressure to 10cm. You mention that the Dreamstation was conforming better to your breathing pattern, which suggests that you were using the Flex facility. The Resmed equivalent is EPR, which is a comfort setting and drops pressure as you exhale. Again, I see no harm in trying EPR to see if that makes you more comfortable - you can set it to 1, 2 or 3cm pressure reduction, so try it and see.

Finally, Resmed and Philips machines machines report leaks differently, which makes comparison difficult. However your leaks on both machines are very low and not worth worrying about unless they are waking you or causing discomfort.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

NapByNap
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation to ResMed  |  Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:26 pm

PAP Machine: ResMed Air Sense 10
Humidifier: Heated: Humidifier and Hose
Pressure Setting: 9.0 - 11.0cmH₂O

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I have set the pressure to 10 and will try the EPR feature to see if that helps.